Page 1134 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 13463410341084112411321133113411351136114411841234 ... LastLast
Results 11,331 to 11,340 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

oh snap! (literally)

does anyone know what happened to the thread about the T negative albino northwestern found last summer? i can't seem to find it.

i might have a lead for getting a jet black melanistic. see where i'm going with this? a snow NW would be so awsome!

Banned

Re: just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    You might as well. It is a wolf
    not necessarily. its reasonably likely that wolves are not the only wild canine (now extinct or still living) from which domestic dogs could descend, but thats another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    not necessarily. its reasonably likely that wolves are not the only wild canine (now extinct or still living) from which domestic dogs could descend, but thats another topic.
    Yes, necessarily. That dogs descend from the Grey Wolf has been established.

Banned

OK then is my room mates domestic X coyote a wolf or a coyote? will its descendents generations from now, after diluting with domestic dogs still be a wolf? or will they be coyotes?

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    OK then is my room mates domestic X coyote a wolf or a coyote? will its descendents generations from now, after diluting with domestic dogs still be a wolf? or will they be coyotes?
    Coyotes (aka. prairie wolves) are also wolves, just not Grey Wolves. And that would be a hybrid and so would its offspring be. It's not a dog, but it's still a wolf.

Banned

well alrighty then

Banned

ouch. this is inconvenient

The other day when I was writing about the college students getting drunk on Cinco de Mayo, I said "you gotta love holidays that exist soley as an excuse for people to get drunk". I offended someone when I said that, and I should have been more clear in what I was saying. Half of my family is Mexican...so of course, the holiday has meaning for me. However, I am not sure why Americans or college students celebrate it...other that an excuse to get drunk...which is insulting to the true meaning of the holiday. That is actually what I meant...and I apologize for offending anyone. Sometimes I don't realize that people cannot get into my head and know what I am thinking!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Banned

My boss and good friend grew up in Muchucuxcah, Mexico and he informs me that that's pretty much all it is. An excuse to party. He tells me that most of Mexico doesnt even recognize it as a holiday, and most don't celebrate it with the exception of Pueblans and border towns and the Pueblans don't even call it "Cinco de Mayo". It's just the day of a mexican army battle victory over the French but that victory had consequences that are believed to have given the U.S. an advantage over the confederacy and helped the north win the American civil war. So, it's pretty much an American psuedo-holiday with Mexican roots, mainly celebrated in the U.S., and an excuse to party and sell Mexican beer to Americans.

I didn't believe him at first but other mexicans at work pretty much confirmed this. Just asking a few, "why do you celebrate cinco de mayo" I get a sly grin and... "just to get drunk and boost sales of mexican beer to gullible Americans" is pretty much the response I get.

hey you guys, why do you "like" my broken arm? not funny.
    Last edited by ConcinusMan; 05-07-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Well...the picture drawn on the cast is pretty darn funny! And so is your "ouchy" face....
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe