Page 1132 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 13263210321082112211301131113211331134114211821232 ... LastLast
Results 11,311 to 11,320 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

I've actually been having a lot of pain where I sprained my ankle. I was told that my foot would never be as strong as it used to be, since a lot of my muscle and tendons got ripped... But they said I shouldn't ever have pain once it healed. It's pretty annoying, because bellydancing is always on your feet, needing a lot of ankle and calf strength... And I'm pretty sure any job that I plan on getting will reqiure me to be on my feet a lot... Lol... It seems like I'm always screwed no matter what I want to do.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Dang Richard, sounds like you've had some bad luck these last couple of weeks. Maybe a garter regurged the slug there on purpose
    mike

Nah, his fellow flamingo wannabes are causing his bad luck, so they can have all the shrimp and wading water. They are also hogging all of the pink body paint, and they don't want to share it with Richard at all.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Didymus20X6's Avatar

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.

lol! That was too cute
    mike

So...this actually does have to do with garters, but I have no idea where to put it, so I'm telling you guys here. I found an awesome place for herping today. There is a park not too far from where I live and Julian had baseball practice there...there was a lot of wooded area surrounding it and a creek, although you can't actually get to the creek because it's on private property...and all of these trees growing in weird ways so to create little dens...tons of brush, a field full of overgrown grass, lots of vines creating little hideaways....it was so awesome. The kids kept throwing baseballs into the wooded area and one of the other moms and I were going in there to "look for the balls"....lol. She was....I was herping! The other parents thought we were crazy...and I thought the other mom was so cool because she was getting down and dirty with me and hunting around in the woods. We had thorns sticking out of our arms and blood running down our legs...we didn't care...she found a bunch of lost balls and I was totally excited because I was looking for snakes! Unfortunately, I didn't find any snakes today...but I wasn't able to get into some of the areas I wanted to go...I think there are probably some water snakes and garters...maybe some ribbons too. I need to get my boots and go back and really get in there deep. I'll take a camera. Can't wait to go back! Oh...and my son said I am "tough" because I go hunting in the woods for snakes...rofl!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Watch out for ticks Marnie.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Subadult snake

Gotta show that to my boys tomorrow!
    Theresa in Indy
    1.0 T marcianus, 1.1 dogs, 1.0 cat, 2.0 skin kids

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    Dang Richard, sounds like you've had some bad luck these last couple of weeks. Maybe a garter regurged the slug there on purpose
    I would love to meet a garter brave enough to even attempt eating a slug that size. and the slime is like rubber cement starting to set. i believe it was a European red slug, Arion rufus, or a close relative.. don't attempt to touch one, it will take days to get the slime off and would choke a snake to death. i keed you not.

got my *** kicked by a slug but there were three of them. must have been two feet long. you should see the other guy, er, slugs.

watch out for slugs in the woods marnie. theyre ruthless killers!

got a cast set today. apparently i'll live. bone should heal fine without screws or plate thank goodness.

Yep...I know...my son's baseball coach kept saying that there were probably a bunch of deer ticks in the wooded area we were in. Ehhh...I already had Lyme's Disease two summers ago...there are ticks all over my yard in the summer...if a tick wants to find me..it will. I get all the fun diseases. I will be careful though...and I will definitely watch out for killer slugs!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe