Page 1128 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 12862810281078111811261127112811291130113811781228 ... LastLast
Results 11,271 to 11,280 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Good, good! Haha.
    I wouldn't hurt you, Steve. My doctor has been rude for far too long, and ignorance in doctors is too common... I think they should feel what it's like to have some of my, or Marnies pain for a while and see what its like without something to help.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Yep...it would be a different story if I was walking in his office two months after surgery and asking for a script for percocet or something...but geez...I just had surgery! I still have stitches in my stomach. I was just in his office yesterday because I somehow managed to tear internal sutures. If I was some crack head in the ER complaining of non-specific back pain, they would probably give me a vat of dilaudid to take home.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

I'd say ho to the hospital instead. Hospitals here wont give painkillers unless they're absolutely sure you're in legit pain. In some ways that's kind of bad, because if I cut my finger off, I'd likely panic until I couldn't anymore, and then put my "okay" face on.. Then they would be all "oh, you're okay... nothing for you!"
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

Ugh, I had surgery today to remove a pilonidal cyst. It took about 45 minutes and it was about half of a golf ball in size. I wasn't sure if I was going in for a consult or the actual procedure; most everything I had read up on made it seem more complicated than that. It wasn't infected at all and overall the procedure went well. They'll run it by pathology, should they find anything abnormal they'll call me.

Glad things went well.
    Hope you have a speedy recovery.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    Glad things went well.
    Hope you have a speedy recovery.
    Thanks, that means a lot.

You know, I had to do a self surgery on a cyst once... I had read that it hurts pretty bad afterward, when you get it done at the hospital... but it didn't hurt when I did it myself. It was really gross though! Haha.
    I hope you recover very quickly!
    Chantel

I heard this as well, also that the recovery hurts but that the longer you wait the longer the recovery time from surgery is...some people wait years. Mine was only about 2 1/2 to 3 months old and it wasn't very big. About a 1 1/2 inch incision...and I would have gotten in much sooner but things kept happening...daylight savings time for one.

So far there is some discomfort but I just have to take care of it and it will heal fine.

For some strange reason too, the English seem to have a penchant for removing these at home.

Because it's cheap.
    Chantel

Glad you got that taken care of Travis...and I hope your recovery goes well for you. Chantel, my doctor works at the hospital..so if I go there...he'll just come in and tell me to go home and take advil. So..whatever...but he better hope I don't see him on the street somewhere...because I will run his foot over with my car and throw a bottle of ibuprofen at him and ask him if it hurts.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe