Page 1123 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 12362310231073111311211122112311241125113311731223 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,230 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Hey Mike, at least you can bike that far...I am so out of shape right now...I think if I tried to bike a mile, I'd fall over in the street like one of those old people on the infomercials..."Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!"....
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Okay...so I'm going to vent now...my son had his first baseball game of the season tonight. He's on the Tigers. They played against the Mariners. When his team played against the Mariners in scrimmages, they beat them both times. But tonight, there was a different umpire and the Mariner's coach was making some really dirty calls...and the ump was siding with him on everything...and the Mariners beat our team 24-12. Just looking at that score you know something was funny...especially if we beat this team every other time we played against them. It was friggin' ridiculous and it makes me so angry because it is teaching the kids dirty game politics and poor sportsmanship. The poor boys were so upset...even the coach was upset. It was a crappy way to start the season. So I am in a crappy mood. And I realized that if you type Mariners wrong, you can accidently type Marniers....lol.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Good time for a lesson in 'life ain't always fair' and a 'be better then them and be honest' talk. Your little guys team beat them fair n square every other time, that is something to be proud of.

3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

Yeah, I know. We talked a lot about it last night. My son is a smart kid...he knew what was up. Interestingly, he wasn't bummed about the fact that they didn't win...he was angry about how the other team's coach acted and how the umpire acted and that it was an unfair game. He had a run...and the other coach claimed that he didn't touch the home plate when he was crossing over home...which was so ridiculous because we all saw him from the stands...we could see that his feet touched the plate. The coaches fought and the ump sided with the other team...even though we were losing and had just gotten so excited about getting that run...and they took the run away. It was just ridiculous. They didn't need to take the run from us, they were beating the crap out of us anyway. Then, at the end of the game, when the other team was 12 runs up on us, they started stealing bases. It was like they were trying to rub our faces in it...it was so unbelievable. Our coach started yelling at the other coach...he was like "My God...you're beating us by 12 runs...you need to steal bases?". The other team just had no class. Our poor boys were so down and the other team was just...it was as if they were repeatedly kicking them when they were down on the ground. The parents were upset, the coaches were upset...and the other team is on the same league. But my son is very smart...he knows what they did was wrong and lacking in character. He's just upset that they got away with it...and so am I. I really think that the league should do something about it.
    Marnie

Can you complain about these guys to anyone running the league? Maybe if enough people did, something would happen. Either straighten up their act and let the kids enjoy the game or get removed from the league.
    mike

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Didymus20X6's Avatar

Or show up at the umpire's house holding a garter snake, and say, "Unless you want to find a whole bunch of these in your underwear drawer, you will call the game fairly."
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.

Right now I'm waiting to hear...because I have a feeling the coaches probably didn't take the whole thing lying down. I want to see if they complained to the league. I'll know more after the next game on Saturday.
    Marnie

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Didymus20X6's Avatar

By the way, I did that once. During a particular week, it seemed that a local cult kept knocking on my door early in the morning. My thought: they had no concern to hear my own religious opinions, so I wasn't interested in hearing any more of theirs. So one day, I decided to answer the door holding Little Dude. One lady actually ran across the street to get away. The others actually stayed and asked me some questions about garters. But they haven't bothered me since.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Didymus20X6 View Post
    So one day, I decided to answer the door holding Little Dude. One lady actually ran across the street to get away. The others actually stayed and asked me some questions about garters.
    At first, I couldn't make the connection. Why would they be asking you about garters in that situation?

Then I realized that Little Dude was a garter.

That's good. I am now going to start answering the door with big fat Cee Cee in my hand when solicitors come to bother me...Perhaps I will even be feeding her a pinky.
    Marnie