Page 1119 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 11961910191069110911171118111911201121112911691219 ... LastLast
Results 11,181 to 11,190 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Glad all went well with the surgery. Sorry the anesthesia made you sick. I have a bad reaction with it too. I get so cold I shake violently like I'm having a seizure. I remember my appendectomy they had to put me back under.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    Hi guys...I am still in the hospital. The anesthesia made me pretty sick, so I have to stay until tomorrow morning. Surgery went really well though. My roommate is extremely annoying..I am going to start hitting her with my pillow. Will check in again tomorrow.
    Good to hear the surgery went well.

Quote Originally Posted by katach View Post
    Glad all went well with the surgery. Sorry the anesthesia made you sick. I have a bad reaction with it too. I get so cold I shake violently like I'm having a seizure. I remember my appendectomy they had to put me back under.
    That's interesting Kat. About 18 years ago as part of my degree course I did some work on malignant hypothermia, more specifically my tutor was trying to develop screening test for it. I'm not sure if your reaction was malignant hypothermia but the temp drop made me wonder. It's a reaction to halothane (one of the common anaesthetic gases) and 18 years ago it would kill 50% of patients that had it, hence the need for a screening test.
    At that time the screening test was to cut a piece of muscle from just above the knee and drop it in a test tube of reagent, if there wasn't a reaction it was safe to proceed. There was genetic link, so the research was trying to identify the gene and develop markers for a blood test.
    Takes me back....
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Hope your out of hospital soon Lass, before you comit the crime of 'Death by pillow' .
    ATB, Rod

Sorry to hear about the anesthesia. Check in when you can. Glad everything went well I'm with Rod... At this point, I'm thinking I should be more concerned about your roommate! Hope she made it through the night, lol!
    mike

Speedy recovery to you Marnie
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

Hi everyone...I'm finally home. You'll be relieved to know my roommate also left this morning (that's my story anyway and I'm sticking to it...lol). She was Puerto Rican and she kept moaning "Dios Mio!" all night long...and "Aye yi yi!"(sp?)....until the nurses gave me headphones to keep from throwing things at her...lol. They always give me Spanish speaking roommates at the hospital since my married last name is Hispanic. At least I know how to say "shut up" in Spanish. Anyway...I always get severe nausea and vomiting from anesthesia. They give me medicine to prevent it and it usually works...but it didn't for some reason this time...plus I was so doped up from all the meds. Finally around 6pm last night they gave me a different nausea medicine and it worked. Dry heaving is not fun when you just had abdominal surgery and you have four incisions in your abdomen. I am still extremely sore and so sleepy. I'm going to go rest now. Thanks for all of the well wishes. Knowing you guys are here really helps get through all this!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Knowing you guys are here really helps get through all this! Thats what friends are for..... even if we are 'Virtual'
    ATB, Rod

My virtual friends are better friends to me than most of the "real world" friends I have had in this life.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Something is wrong in my home. I interact with a 13 lb snapping turtle everyday. Hands on interaction.
    He doesn't bite.
    Now comes our Sulcata tortoise into the living room. Within few moment that dang thing grabs my toe.
    I can trust my snapping turtle.

Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Get lots of rest Marnie! I hope you feel like a million bucks soon!
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)