Page 1113 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 11361310131063110311111112111311141115112311631213 ... LastLast
Results 11,121 to 11,130 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

With a blood blister...if you drain the blood out it actually feels better after you do it..it reduces the pressure which reduces the pain. You don't have to jab it...just a tiny prick ought to do it...if you can stand it. If your toenail falls off, it will grow back...I lost one a couple of years ago.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

It'd take a long time to grow back I'm sure. I can't stand the feeling. Besides, my nail is so thick that the needle won't go in, so it's causing me a ton of pain in the first place. Even with a string around my toe while I do it, it's extremely painful. It's also stuck being bent which also makes it difficult. My foot is playing the "best" april fool's joke ever on me. The kind of joke that someone thinks is funny when they do it to you, but it's not actually funny... Only hurtful and irritating. I hate feet.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Are you icing it? Keep ice on it if you can...that will help.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

She told me ice would make it fall off faster, heat only. You can never trust this lady, though... Even the assistant and intern nurses are more helpful than she is.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

I have no idea honestly about whether or not ice will make it fall off faster...I only know that ice reduces swelling and that heat would increase swelling and make the blood fill up more from what I know about the body. I would think it would make it hurt more. Ask Nate...maybe he would know...Aquamentus11...he's in med school.
    Marnie

I'm icing it and using benzocain while scraping away at my nail so I can drain it. Like I said, I hate feet.
    Chantel

Poor thing...good...cause I checked with my mom and she agreed with me...heat makes swelling worse and makes blood pool faster...I think your doc got her degree from a mail order school in the back of a magazine.
    Marnie

I bet she did... It took her 3 years to allow me to see a gastro doctor. She's a legit idiot. I still haven't been able to poke it... Haha.
    Chantel

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Didymus20X6's Avatar

"86.3% of all statistics on the internet are made up on the spot." - Abraham Lincoln.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.

That quote is old as the internet
    Chantel