Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Re: Lori's snakes and such

poor baby
    antibiotics for sure
    I hope it's going to be alright for poor Curious
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Aw, poor little man... definately keep us posted...
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Snake lover 3-25's Avatar

so sorry to hear about that..... hope he gets well soon good luck with the vet
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

In Hog Heaven

Oh, Lori! The poor thing! But you're doing the right thing now and like you said, he'll be a sessy guy - a lady killer - with his daring-do eye patch.

If all else is fine with him, he'll compenstate and do just fine. Poor sweetie! Hugs to you and kisses to him.
    2.0 NY Eastern Garters; Peepers, Jeepers
    3.1 Western Hoggies; Kenabec, Niizh, Kokopelli, Anasazi
    3.0 Puget Garters; Kunikpok, Tungortok, 'Rockster
    1.0 Eastern Milk; Carmello

Oh, what a day....

We went to the vet, and he removed Curious's old eye cap. The eye underneath is still infected, and he has put him on Baytil (enrofloxacin) injections for the next 10 days and continued the neo poly bac ointment. We have one of two things going on: a bacterial infection, which this should clear up, or a fungal infection, which we probably won't be able to clear up... it would be better then to enucleate the eye, but he said he wouldn't want to try it on a snake this small.

So, I'll give him his daily injections (which scares me-- the vet did his first one, I'm on my own tomorrow tho!! He's just so little...) and we'll re-evaluate next week. If it turns out to be fungal... I have to try and find a vet comfortable doing the surgery.

But then on the way home, with Curious and three dogs in the car, a state police officer stops me.... and informs me that my tags on my car are out of date (oops) AND that my driver's liscence is expired... OOOPS!!! I had no idea.... it expired last month!!! I don't pay attention to these things... so the bugger not only writes me two tickets but WON'T LET ME DRIVE HOME. I had to call a friend to come get me, my dogs and my snake, and left the car on the side of the interstate.

Then I go to DMV to renew my liscence. Which, after a 45 minute wait, they tell me they can't do without my birth certificate. I stared at the woman like she had two heads-- my birth certificate??? I don't even know where it is-- why would I? But ok, fine-- I call my mom. Luckily, she has it! I go to her house and get it out of her lock box....

Go back to DMV.... wait in line for another 45 minutes or so... get up to the window... and they tell me they can't accept it. It's the wrong birth certificate. I **** you not. What I have was the one issued by the hospital... they need one issued by the state. My head started to spark. I started arguing that the one I have has a seal on it, it has my foot prints on it for pete's sake, it is my birth certificate.... it's not my fault it's not the one they want... and then the woman started arguing back that if I hadn't let my liscence expire, this wouldn't be an issue. And that's when I lost all ability to hold my tongue, and I am ashamed to admit that some very foul words flew out. My hubby (who had to drive me there, because, after all, I don't have a liscence now) actually pulled me away from the window.

NO WONDER people go postal at DMV. That was the most absurd, irrational, rediculous, stupid, asanine thing I'd ever heard. I'm standing there with my excuse for being born right in my hands and they won't take it.

But no fear. We go back to my mom's, do some digging. Found something else that might have been another kind of birth certificate. Go back to DMV.

It's another wrong one. Seriously. Even tho it's issued by the state of New York, with an embossed seal, signed by everyone under the sun, it's still not what they want. I'm pretty sure I'm starting to have some kind of embolism right there in the office when a supervisor comes up, moans and groans and sighs and finally says she'll accept it.

Does anyone here work for DMV? If so, get out. Get out now. That place is some kind of demon posessed **** hole of a lower level of hell with the single intention of driving a decent, hard working woman to the brink of mass murder.

You should see the pic on my new liscence. I look like a serial killer.
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lori P View Post
    You should see the pic on my new liscence. I look like a serial killer.
    Lori, you HAVE TO post that picture!
    James.

"Preparing For Fourth shed" Aundrea's Avatar

OMG Lori im so sorry about your bad day. God I would flip out also if that happend to me. I hate dealing with the people that work for the state and DMV.. PRICKS is all I gotta say LOL But on a good note im glad that your snake is ok. Stephanie had to give injections to her BP George. She can tell ya about it

Yeahhh you need to post your serial killer pic LOL
    1 Ball Python Spenser
    2 Dekayi's Bennie, Max
    1 Ornate Boxie Turtle Lola
    1 Baby Russian Tortoise Lilly
    1 Beagle Dog Maycee

oh man, Lori - what a day
    don't worry about the injections - you'll do fine
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

"Third shed, A Success" prattypus's Avatar

See. Sometimes it's just worth it to ride the bus. Sorry about the day you had. But just think, it will make the better days seem all the more so.
    Jason--
    Red 5 Standing By...

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lori P View Post
    You should see the pic on my new license. I look like a serial killer.
    Oh, Lori, I'm so sorry... I can't stop giggling, tho... again, I'm so sorry!!! If I couldn't relate it wouldn't be so funny. We had to do the same thing with my son for his permit. I made an appointment a month in advance at an office further from home because it was the only one who had an appointment available, only to get there with the wrong certificate. In our case it was a copy, not the original... I kid you not, I've used that copy for everything, registering him for three different schools, a bazillion different sports, everything... but NOPE not good enough for DMV. With much digging found the original at home(in an envelope with my younger son's documents ), went to closest DMV, but the previous DMV had told us the wrong closing time! She had told us to be there by 4:30, the weekday cut off time for taking tests, but it was Saturday and cut off was really 12:30... we didn't figure that out until we got to the second DMV and the info line lady said she didn't think he'd make it through the freaking line in time to take his test. I went into the whole story about how this was the second DMV we'd been to, running around like an idiot trying to get it done, blah blah blah, totally ready to lose it... But, by some miracle, my brother in law just happened to be there and got my son in line with him in the handicap line... yeah, pretty random, huh? Otherwise there was no way he would have been able to get processed and take his test before they closed. I had no idea my BIL would be there... how often do you just happen to run into a family member at the DMV? lol
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.