Page 1092 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 925929921042108210901091109210931094110211421192 ... LastLast
Results 10,911 to 10,920 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

I hope so. I've already had friends yell at me because I'm not posting it everywhere and I don't agree with posting it. I also don't support Invisible Children, most of that money that's donated isn't even going towards helping the people. I don't trust most charities though, it doesn't seem like they use the money the way they "promise" they will.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

I haven't been spammed, so just had to look this up. What seems a balanced overview of the "Kony2012" campaign can be found on The Guardian (quality, slightly left-leaning, UK newspaper, for those not familiar with the British media):
    Kony 2012: what's the real story? | Politics | guardian.co.uk

Sounds like a charity is trying to big themselves up and raise more funds, of which (as Chantel has said) most probably won't help the people that donators think it will.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Thank you. Finally someone else goes at least a *tiny* bit of research. My friend just kept telling me that they were doing nothing but helping the people, not using the money for making themselves big... When I asked her for proof, she just said "the guy says so in the video... Go watch it" there's a lot of sites that show they're using just about 30% for the people.. the rest is used for buildings (I believe it said buildings, I can't remember) and advertising.. Stuff like that.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

Okay...so I finished watching The Walking Dead. Now I'm angry because season 2 isn't out on DVD yet. I knew this would happen. I have to look and see if it's on OnDemand yet. The scene with the Mexicans was hysterical...when they figure out what is really going on. When they show the chihuahuas...I nearly fell off my bed laughing. Let me also say that I really do not like Shane.

My son made it into the minor league for baseball this year...his coach is thinking about making him pitcher for his team. I'm a very proud mom...and I love baseball season. I love going out to the games and watching my son play.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Fortunately, there are other ways to watch it, while you wait for the second season to come out on DVD.

Yes...but I don't like sitting in front of my computer and watching shows...and I haven't figured out how to stream things into my t.v. I got a new t.v. that has a computer cable hookup on the back...so if anyone wants to walk me through how to hook a cable from my computer to my t.v. and then how to stream shows from my computer to the tv...I would be glad to listen...but you have to go step by step because I am tech illiterate.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

has anyone watched homeland? i just watched the first two episodes last night and now i'm hooked! the complete first season is currently up on ondemand until the end of march.
    mike

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Not sure if Chantel saw my original post or not but I definately think this whole kony2012 crap is a scam.

Your right 70% of the "donations" is pocketed for them themselves and I think it's all connected to good old Obama that ****er.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    If you don't count the hundreds of deaths he's caused in the last 5 years or so. And the fact that he hasn't given up any of his sex slaves and child soldiers.

He might not be the nuisance he was a decade ago, but they really shouldn't stop. That man needs to be shot in the face and have his body dumped in the ocean in an undisclosed location.
    Yes. He does. Agreed. He needs killed. I'm all for stopping him but the KONY2012 isn't doing anything to help that. That's the scammy part.

I sure as hell support stopping him but I don't support "KONY2012" or at least won't be putting it my uses named on group chats.

I didn't see it, perhaps you could PM me what you said. I am curious.
    Chantel

My son's first baseball practice was cancelled because his coach was in a car accident. He is pretty banged up and broke his nose. The poor guy is still planning on coming to tomorrow's practice at 11am....with a broken nose. Guess he doesn't want to disappoint the kids. Saying prayers for his speedy recovery.

What is a good program in which I can download The Walking Dead to watch on my computer for free and not end up with a virus?
    Marnie