Page 1045 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 45545945995103510431044104510461047105510951145 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,450 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

What?? Your credit rating goes down if someone checks your credit? How is that possible?
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    What?? Your credit rating goes down if someone checks your credit? How is that possible?
    The logic is that if there are lots of searches against your credit history it's because you're applying for lots of credit, and if you're applying for lots of credit (and get it) you are a higher risk because you've just got another £xxxx-worth of credit to spend on a new card, or another loan, etc.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

I'm going to be remaking it, I have figured out how to crochet better than that.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Can I just vent for a minute please? My parents...who were never the most responsible people...who never saved any money, or had a retirement plan...both of them are now old and getting sick...my father runs a business that they both work for...and little by little, the business is going under because they can't work...so there is no money coming in and more and more they can't take care of themselves or this house...but they don't have the money to have anyone take care of them or the house. So now I am taking care of them, and the house, and my son...and I have no money...because I am in school. They told me that they would support me while I went back to school. So...I stopped working and invested my time and hard work in a nursing program...that will probably all go down the drain now...because I probably won't be able to finish because I have to take care of my parents and this house. My mother keeps "losing" money. She doesn't balance her bank account. She comes to me and says..."my bank account is overdrawn again...I don't know where the money goes!" How can you not know where the friggin money goes??? It's not magically disappearing! You are spending it and if you kept track of it like a normal person...you would know exactly where it went. Her bank account is now overdrawn $500 again. Now we have no money for groceries or for my son's baseball registration this weekend...I am about to lose my flippin mind over here. I had one child for a reason...and now I suddenly have 3 children and two of them are my parents...I'm trying to find a job and then I will have a job and a child and two irresponsible parents and a house to take care of....I think I'm going to have a heart attack now.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

I know how you feel. My mom is exactly the same way. She's actually dropped two 100 dollar bills at the store. She literallly has less than half a brain anymore.Is there any way you could managetheir money for them, so they can't screw up their bank accounts more?
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

I told my mother that I want her to give me her bank account info and all of her bill info so that I can set up an automatic online billpay system with her bank that I can monitor. That is what I use to pay my bills and it works great...I used to have problems keeping up with bills, and ever since I started using the online system...all of my bills are paid on time and I can always see what is coming and going. Now it is just a matter of getting her to give it to me...she is a little unorganized, to say the least. I know my parents took care of me..and it may sound ungrateful that I don't want to take care of them in return. It isn't that. I think it is unfair that my parents never saved any money or planned for retirement and now because of that...instead of finally getting my life together, which I have been trying to do for so long, I am going to have to spend the rest of it taking care of them. My father really needs to go into a home. I think my mother had a stroke because she is taking care of him and it is too much for her. But medicaid will not pay for him to go into a home as long as my parents own a home...they will force my parents to sell the house to pay for the nursing home. Nice huh? So, my parents are going to put the house in my name...it's supposed to go to me anyway...so that medicaid can't take it. But we have a trailer at the beach...we were going to rent it to have some money to live off of...but now the lawyer is saying that my parents can't put that in my name because medicaid will charge a penalty...that we have to sell it if we want to put my father in a nursing home. Medicaid is supposed to help people that don't have money but they force people to sell everything they own in order to pay for help...it's unreal.
    Marnie

Sorry to hear, Marnie. I'm usually on skype all day, if you ever need to talk.

My hands and feet are swollen, in a water retention kind of way... Only painful and it swells up more if I move that hand or foot... I have to go to the walk in clinic to get it checked out... To hell with my doctor, she just keeps telling me it's water retention and not to worry... But its worrysome when my left freaking foot is the size of Texas with burning and throbbing, just because I walked out of my room to get a snack.
    Chantel

Thanks Chantel...I may take you up on that. That is odd...there should be a reason for the water retention if that is in fact what it is. Google your symptoms...be careful because you don't want to get yourself all freaked out if you read some deadly disease fits your symptoms...you have to be careful with internet info...but I have actually found answers to medical problems online that my doctors could not figure out. Also look up side effects of any medications you are taking. Could it be a circulation problem? What about those herbal smoking blends? Natural does not always mean safe...herbs can be dangerous. I have to go out now...but I will be around later tonight if you want to talk on Skype.
    Marnie

I was thinking circulation issues, but it started when I started up my leg strengthening exercises. My mom thinks I injured myself or pushed myself too hard, but I only do as many as I can without it hurting or puting too much stress on my joints and muscles.
    I'm not taking anything at this moment, other than some painkillers for the obvious pain, and that was only after it started swelling.

I haven't been smoking lately, either. Part of me thought it might have had somthing to do with it, but even after a few days with none of it in my system, it's unchanged. I don't plan on smoking for another few weeks to be sure, though.
    Chantel

Hmmm...I do not know. Google is the best thing I can tell you...
    Marnie