Page 1042 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 42542942992103210401041104210431044105210921142 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,420 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    I think it is absolutely ridiculous for employers to do credit checks on people...especially since most people these days have less than desirable credit ratings. I don't see how my credit rating has anything to do with anything and shouldn't be an issue with me getting a job or anyone's business for that matter. That said, I have never applied for a job that ran a credit check.
    I wouldn't bet on it. "Background" checks often include credit information. It's pretty much common practice these days for employers to check criminal and credit info. The reason behind checking credit info is that it gives them an idea of whether or not you are a responsible individual. Bank overdrafts, past due bills, etc. can show patterns of irresponsible behavior. That's why they do it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
    Gee, and I don't even get pulled over?? I must be boring.
    Me neither. I've only been pulled over once and that was 1989.

Well, if anyone has done a credit check on me...they didn't tell me about it. I have signed consent to a criminal background check...but I have never signed consent to a credit check. I would say that these days...if my employment depends on my credit, I will remain unemployed. I need to check my credit...but money has been very tight and some of my bills are behind so... Then there is the whole mess with my mother's lousy credit on my reports.

On a better note...made it out in the ice and snow today to do a little food shopping at the natural food store. It is very icy here right now. I'm going to put in an application for a part-time job at the natural food store. I know for a fact they do not do credit checks there...lol.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Le Ann, time to clear some PM's out.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Hmmm...just looked up one of those online free credit reports on myself...my credit isn't actually too bad. Good to know.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Ladies? Moms? Support?

Ok.. I'm really scared... I joined another forum today. BabyCenter.ca I know I'm pregnant...
    Please read my post there, (Guys you may not want to read if you are sensitive to Woman issues) :'( Not again... - High-risk pregnancy - BabyCenter Canada I'm not ready for this, we aren't ready for this. I don't know how I'm going to talk to my fiance Cole... I mean I really want a kid... Cole doesn't... But I know he'd make a great father...

I am reaching out here because in real life.. I have no girl friends to talk to, let alone any of my own friends... I mean I have friends but if it wasn't for Cole I wouldn't know them... And the guys are great, but they wouldn't understand. One guys wife, is a huge gossiper n kinda a bytch. I can't talk to my mom just yet... Coles' mom is awesome I love her but she lives a ways out...

:'( I've also got cysts on my ovaries... I don't know what to do... Oh God.
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BUSHSNAKE's Avatar

Re: Ladies? Moms? Support?

...one day at a time girlfriend, good luck!

Okay...breathe. First of all...the cysts on your ovaries will not be a problem. I have severe endometriosis and all kinds of female reproductive problems...I wasn't even supposed to be able to have kids...and I have a nine-year-old son sitting in my living room. Cysts should not interfere with anything. As far as not being ready...my pregancy was planned...but I don't think anyone is ever really ready for what parenthood entails...you can't be...you have no idea what it is like until you experience it. You do the best you can do and love your child and that is that. You have the instincts..and the nurturing ability...if you want to have this child, you can do this. You need to talk to your fiance and find out where he is on this. If he really doesn't want a child and you do...then you guys have some fundamental differences that are going to be problems in the long run for you both. You need to think about what is best for you. But in reality, as soon as he decided to have sex, he took the chance that he could be a father and he needs to take responsibility for that. He may not want to be a father...but as of this moment, he is one... Breathe...and PM me if you want to talk.
    Marnie

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    as soon as he decided to have sex, he took the chance that he could be a father and he needs to take responsibility for that.
    And every time you cross a street, you take the chance that you may get run over.

Honestly, if you aren't ready for a kid.. both of you need to use protection and lots of it.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)