Page 1040 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 40540940990103010381039104010411042105010901140 ... LastLast
Results 10,391 to 10,400 of 14098
    SCOUSER

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    Saw on the news today about all that snow in WA...we are supposed to get a "light dusting" of snow in the next couple of days and then it's supposed to melt right away because the temps are supposed to go up again. Poo! That is all I have to say about that.
    Marnie just what is behind this irrational need to see that wet, cold, slippy, potentially bone breaking, skid inducing, chillblane causing,traffic stopping, stuff called snow.
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Dae View Post
    True, credit info is public.. to a degree... You have to allow them to do it by signing a paper, so it's as public as you make it.

They can only get what you ALLOW them to. Criminal record checks, credit history checks, Proper correct background checks ALL need you to sign papers n give your consent n some require you to give ID as well. Sure they can go online n see what they can find but we all know how reliable that is.
    Not all true.

It all depends on the source of that information.

If you pull the criminal background from the court files, it's accurate.

Tax files are open to the public, if someone wants to know how much you earn, how much your property is worth, it's all available.

Your credit scores may not be "accurate" (sometimes you have to dispute things to have them removed) but credit reports are public.

Dig deep enough, your social security information is "public"

How does any of this affect employability? depends on the job you are applying for.

If you will be issued a company car, a company credit card, be put up in hotels at company expense, etc..

A corporation is certainly not going to hand out a set of car keys to a known reckless driver.

Or issue a corporate credit card to someone with impulsive spending habits, or put you up in an expensive hotel so you can trash the room.

However wrong you feel these checks may be, big business didn't get big by allowing unfit people to represent their firms.

For every decent home care nurse out there, another is stealing from the jewelry box, for every mobile tech who does his/her job, another is doing spin outs in a parking lot with the company car, for every honest person, another is filling up his wifes gas tank with the company gas card....

That is the reason they do these checks.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Dae View Post
    True, credit info is public.. to a degree... You have to allow them to do it by signing a paper, so it's as public as you make it.

They can only get what you ALLOW them to. Criminal record checks, credit history checks, Proper correct background checks ALL need you to sign papers n give your consent n some require you to give ID as well. Sure they can go online n see what they can find but we all know how reliable that is.
    In which case they should be outright forbidden from asking for your consent, if refusal can lead to discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    Little bird

"What does a fifty pound parrot say?" "Polly wants a cracker, NOW"
    If you have a parrot and you don't teach it to say, "Help, they've turned me into a parrot", you are wasting everybody's time.

Well...I agree with what Stefan said...because if you don't agree to consent to their terms, they can refuse to hire you. I do understand jobs in which sensitive matters are at hand running checks...it's the employers that do the checks when the information has nothing to do with the job, and determines whether or not you are hired that I think is ridiculous. Of course a person who is in debt needs a job...that doesn't mean they are a thief. Many people in America right now are in ridiculous debt because of the economy and there are plenty of people who have credit cards that are unpaid because they had to live off of those credit cards because they had no money. They probably want a job so that they can start paying off the credit cards..not so they can rob their employer blind to pay off the credit cards. I have to dispute a bunch of crap on my credit reports because they keep putting my mother's info on my report. My mother doesn't pay her credit card bills because she simply doesn't have the money to pay them anymore. Now I have to write letters to all of the major credit check places to dispute the incorrect stuff on my report...it's tedious, and who knows how long it will take for them to fix it. Anyway...Tress...there is just no way in Hades that I would ever work for a place that dug into my life that much and judged me based on my friends, relatives, and ex-husband. That is completely unfair...I don't know how a place can do that. I mean, unless I was running for president or working for the FBI...then I guess I would expect it. But then again, there is a reason I don't work for the government.

I want snow because I love snow! What is the point of all this cold if there isn't any snow?
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Subadult snake

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    Anyway...Tress...there is just no way in Hades that I would ever work for a place that dug into my life that much and judged me based on my friends, relatives, and ex-husband. That is completely unfair...
    They want to make sure you're loyal to the US, don't have relatives in foreign countries, etc. They want to make sure nobody can blackmail you to hand over government secrets! I really don't mind, it's the safety of our borders at stake. I just hate being judged by my ex-husband's poor money habits. Anyone can look at my record and see I've succeeded, in spite of him!

BTW, it's snowing in Indianapolis, just an inch or so. Snow on cars and grass, already melting off parking lots.
    Theresa in Indy
    1.0 T marcianus, 1.1 dogs, 1.0 cat, 2.0 skin kids

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Holy guacamole...!!!

I don't know, just wanted to say that....

Holy cannoli!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Our power was out for about 15 hours... Poor snakies were ice cubes!
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

What does a Hindu Harry Cary say?.................... Holy Cow !
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee