Page 1039 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 39539939989102910371038103910401041104910891139 ... LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,390 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Gee, and I don't even get pulled over?? I must be boring.

I think it is absolutely ridiculous for employers to do credit checks on people...especially since most people these days have less than desirable credit ratings. I don't see how my credit rating has anything to do with anything and shouldn't be an issue with me getting a job or anyone's business for that matter. That said, I have never applied for a job that ran a credit check. Most of my jobs have been in social services, and the background checks they do for those jobs are always criminal checks specifically looking for any type of crime involving abuse against another person. I know what you are talking about, Richard...as I was a wild teenager, and I have a couple of stupid things on my juvenile record that were supposed to be esponged but that still come up on my record to this day and I always have to explain them to employers. I have never not gotten hired because of them though. Like you said, they weren't even convictions...but the way they appear on my record...you can't tell exactly what they are...so an explanation always has to occur. I can tell you one thing, if any employer ever uses one of those internet checks to screen me, and denies me employment based on all of that ridiculous false information that is out there on me...there will be one heck of a lawsuit.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Vancouver (WA, U.S.A.) got quite a bit overnight last night. Winter wonderland this morning. Mom sent pics to my phone.

Still not a drop of precip at my place in over a month. Sunny, 68.
    My boyfriends parents went to Vancouver! I believe they're still there... I hope they aren't hating the odd weather around here...
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Saw on the news today about all that snow in WA...we are supposed to get a "light dusting" of snow in the next couple of days and then it's supposed to melt right away because the temps are supposed to go up again. Poo! That is all I have to say about that.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

I just had to share this with you folks....

Quote Originally Posted by XXXXXXX
    Last night, the wife and I were sitting in
    the living room and I said to her, 'I never want
    to live in a vegetative state, dependent on
    some machine and fluids from a bottle.

She got up, unplugged the Computer, and
    threw out my beer.

SCOUSER

Quote Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
    I just had to share this with you folks....
    superb Wayne i absolutely love it
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    I think it is absolutely ridiculous for employers to do credit checks on people...especially since most people these days have less than desirable credit ratings. I don't see how my credit rating has anything to do with anything and shouldn't be an issue with me getting a job or anyone's business for that matter. That said, I have never applied for a job that ran a credit check. Most of my jobs have been in social services, and the background checks they do for those jobs are always criminal checks specifically looking for any type of crime involving abuse against another person. I know what you are talking about, Richard...as I was a wild teenager, and I have a couple of stupid things on my juvenile record that were supposed to be esponged but that still come up on my record to this day and I always have to explain them to employers. I have never not gotten hired because of them though. Like you said, they weren't even convictions...but the way they appear on my record...you can't tell exactly what they are...so an explanation always has to occur. I can tell you one thing, if any employer ever uses one of those internet checks to screen me, and denies me employment based on all of that ridiculous false information that is out there on me...there will be one heck of a lawsuit.
    I think employers have every right to know what your credit is like for certain jobs. Say my new job, I am going to be in a position where say if I had a lot of debt I could easily 'disappear' a lot of vehicles n steal money. Employers are doing it to pry into your life, they do it to protect their own arse! I have a little bit of bad credit from old phone bills from when I was a kid. That they don't care about, what they are looking for is REALLY bad credit like say a gambling problem, unpaid credit cards coming out your you know what! etc. They could care less about a few late payments or whatever, they are simply protecting themselves.

Criminal record checks are the same, they just need to know if you are going to be a risk to them. That you don't have a long list of robberies n grand theft autos n sh*t like that.

EXACTLY Because even if your criminal record check raises a few eyebrows n questions if it's not something that is going to wave a giant red flag in their face screaming that you will rob them blind or hurt people etc. They won't care! They probably ask simply because it's vague n they are curious.

I understand it may feel like privacy invasion but if you had say.. a dealership, selling cars, you you hire just anyone? Or would you want to do every check possible to be sure that this person isn't going to destroy your company n company name? It's like that with ANY business where you would be in a position to hurt them or their clients or their name etc. Not all places of business do these checks because they aren't putting you where you could hurt them.
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Dae View Post
    I think employers have every right to know what your credit is like for certain jobs.
    I don't think they have a right to anything that isn't public. If credit info is public, so be it. I don't think it's enough that they'd like to have, or would even benefit from having a certain piece of information.

Employers are doing it to pry into your life, they do it to protect their own arse!
    Anything that can be used, can be abused.

I understand it may feel like privacy invasion but if you had say.. a dealership, selling cars, you you hire just anyone? Or would you want to do every check possible to be sure that this person isn't going to destroy your company n company name?
    There's a lot of information people and organizations would like to have, that they shouldn't get.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    I don't think they have a right to anything that isn't public. If credit info is public, so be it. I don't think it's enough that they'd like to have, or would even benefit from having a certain piece of information.
    True, credit info is public.. to a degree... You have to allow them to do it by signing a paper, so it's as public as you make it.

Anything that can be used, can be abused.
    I meant Employers aren't doing it to pry into your life But yes, it's true anything can be abused

There's a lot of information people and organizations would like to have, that they shouldn't get.
    They can only get what you ALLOW them to. Criminal record checks, credit history checks, Proper correct background checks ALL need you to sign papers n give your consent n some require you to give ID as well. Sure they can go online n see what they can find but we all know how reliable that is.
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

Subadult snake

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Dae View Post
    I think employers have every right to know what your credit is like for certain jobs.

Criminal record checks are the same, they just need to know if you are going to be a risk to them.
    I'm a contractor for Customs and Border Protection. I work in the computer room and have access to everyone's data. Our background investigations start with a criminal background check and financials. Then they interview your co-workers, your neighbors, your ex-boyfriends third cousin! It's kinda crazy but CBP handles all sorts of sensitive, confidential and classified information.

I just got my fingerprint cards for my reinvestigation (every 5 years.) Not looking forward to them seeing where my ex paid the mortgage late for 10 months. (We still co-own the house together, long story!) Or now, when he's filed Chapter 13 bankruptcy (with his new wife) and they'll see my house listed in the darn thing. He's signing a Quit Claim Deed, giving up his rights to the property, but I still feel like I'm getting dragged through the mud! I've tried to refinance, but the programs only really apply to people who are paying late or are in arrears. Why punish those of us who pay on time every month, but don't have 20% equity anymore?
    Theresa in Indy
    1.0 T marcianus, 1.1 dogs, 1.0 cat, 2.0 skin kids