Page 1033 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 33533933983102310311032103310341035104310831133 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,330 of 14098
    Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    Shannon I do believe you are drooling. I know I am.
    you are right! I was. Writing that actually made me go over to the fridge and grab some kiwis.

FYI- how much do you guys hate peeling kiwis? I always did... it takes so long and you get such a small fruit out of it. I finally figured out one day during my pregnancy that it's very easy to eat a lot of kiwi if you simply slice one in half and scoop the fruit out of the rind with a spoon. Suddenly, kiwis were a lot more appealing and now I eat them daily.
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    Anyone got some healthy recipes that are also somewhat cheap? Next month I have to start losing 75 pounds and I'm not all that recipe savvy. My mom thinks I need to eat nothing but plain salad for 6 months. That is not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by PINJOHN View Post
    make sure you go on at least two diets Chantel,.... as you don't get near enough to eat on just one
    Well if your needing to lose weight I can give a little knowledge on that... I used to be 220+ lbs and am now hovering around 130lbs.

I was never a slim kid, I was in fact a very chubby kid. always the 'fat' one of my friends. I started loosing weight simply because I was broke. I didn't have money to get take-out, fast food etc. I was going through a rough patch and out of sheer bitter determination I made it... and lost a lot of weight. I had realized that I had been eating way to much.

You know the gastric bypass surgery or stomach stapling some people get done in effort to lose weight? That's what I basically did, but naturally. I knew my metabolism wasn't (still isn't) fast, that what I eat I gain. So I started looking at the nutritional charts on everything I ate, noting the small portion sizes n started eating only the small amount suggested. If I was still hungry, so be it. I dropped the amount of Fat and Calories of what I was eating dramatically! Now you know that feeling when your REALLY hungry, your stomach kinda hurts as it aches to be filled? Well I had the straight for two weeks until my stomach shrunk to a normal size. Please note I wasn't STARVING myself (Even though it felt like it) I was still eating enough, I just refused to over eat again n fill my stretched out stomach. I had to let it shrink itself back down to a proper size. It worked. It was hard, but well worth it. I feel way better about myself and (for the most part) am healthier then ever before. (My body still hates me... Nothing to do with what I eat though)

I still eat whatever I want, I love ice cream, cake, candy etc. But all in MODERATION!!! I do try and stay away from really high fatty foods n eat healthier choices but I still indulge in cheesecakes, sweets, little junk food here n there, but in small portions. Say when I make cheesecakes I use all low fat or no fat products where possible.
    I lost most of my weight just under 2 years ago, and have kept it off mostly. My weight will always fluctuate lol I do indulge to much sometimes, but it is all about maintaining SELF CONTROL.

Diet fads are just that, fads. This is a more a life choice.

What Shannon was talking about sounds really good...

Eating fruits / veggies before heavy foods like meats helps too, Eating things in proper order helps your body move things around right n in order! Say you eat raspberries n yogurt for dessert after a steak... It will ferment on top of the slow digesting steak n give you foul gas... Unless of course you got an awesome digestive system that is in peak running order... As a few lucky people do *Shakes fist at those lucky B*$@^&*!! lol
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

Quote Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
    you are right! I was. Writing that actually made me go over to the fridge and grab some kiwis.

FYI- how much do you guys hate peeling kiwis? I always did... it takes so long and you get such a small fruit out of it. I finally figured out one day during my pregnancy that it's very easy to eat a lot of kiwi if you simply slice one in half and scoop the fruit out of the rind with a spoon. Suddenly, kiwis were a lot more appealing and now I eat them daily.
    lol I've never peeled a kiwi just to eat it , I've always cut them in half n used a spoon
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

Woooow. Too many posts! Haha.

But really, I just need "healthy" food sorts of stuff, I hate dieting, but I'm normally eating whatever is in the fridge or pantry, and my mom likes junk food... So, naturally that isn't healthy. Last time I was able to eat healthier I lost 70 pounds extremely fast, but of course money is the only problem I have. And my mom buys sweets when she's stressed, and that ends up being the only thing to eat. If I have healthy recipes, I can go to the store with my mom and make sure she buys whats on the list, not in her mind. She's also said she wont buy anything "healthy" except for apples and salad unless I have enough recipes that we don't get constantly bored of that food. I don't want to live my life munching on random pantry goodies...
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Dae...that is excellent advice. I have heard many people lose a ton of weight using portion control like you have described. It's the underlying premise of Weight Watcher's isn't it? That you can lose weight by controlling portion instead of calories and carbs? Congrats on losing all of that weight...that must have been tough!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    Dae...that is excellent advice. I have heard many people lose a ton of weight using portion control like you have described. It's the underlying premise of Weight Watcher's isn't it? That you can lose weight by controlling portion instead of calories and carbs? Congrats on losing all of that weight...that must have been tough!
    Thanks, It was tough lol I just wanted to fill my stomach up again but knew it would be worth it in the end.
    I still eat far to many unhealthy snacks n cookies n sweets n such but instead of having 4 or 6 cookies I'll keep it down to 2 cookies. I also keep track of what I have eaten n of what quality it was, Say I had pancakes for breaky with lots of butter n syrup, (Lots of sugars) I try to balance it out later by having say soup n sammichs later. I try to cut back on sugars... doesn't always work, I love sweets. lol But again instead of having a big bowl of ice cream I'll have a big spoonful.

My momma in-law used to be really really big, when I'd give her a hug I couldn't touch my hands together behind her back... She found out she was diabetic n stopped drinking pop. She used to have at least one or two or three cans or bottle of pop a day. By first cutting that out she dropped so much weight it was unbelievable! Now she continues to drop weight n be healthier by doing what I did. Eat proper portion sizes. Now when she comes over I can easily touch my hands behind he back when giving her a hug. She has lost over half her size in just over a year. I love my momma in-law n am so proud of her.

If you don't have the option of healthy foods all the time, do what I did. Eat less. When you eat just less the amount of calories then you use in a day, your body will naturally start burning its stored calories which are stored as fat. Find the balance of eating the right amount. REMEMBER the first two weeks... your stomach will hurt, you'll feel like your staving n will want to 'fill the void' if you must, drink a glass of milk or have a piece of toast. Something for your stomach to digest but do not fill your stomach. Its like a stretched out balloon that needs to get back down to size. Its tough but I did it, it works. You can do it too!
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

Quote Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
    Writing that actually made me go over to the fridge and grab some kiwis.

I might try it...I am terrible with portion control though. I would rather eat a huge salad with vinegrette so that I can feel like I am pigging out. I don't really need to lose that much weight...if you saw me you would say what everyone says...that I am thin. But I know what I should look like...you know what I mean? I mean, I know I am over the weight that I should be for my height. I was always super skinny my whole life...I actually had to try to put on weight until I had my son. Then in the last couple of years I have been on hormone treatments for a female condition and it's made me put on weight. Although people think I look small, I could actually stand to lose twenty pounds given my height. It may come off after I have surgery in March and stop the hormones though. Plus, I am going to start exercising.

On a totally different note...I have to go to a meeting with my son's teacher in an hour. I scheduled the meeting to talk about some problems he has been having in math. The thing is, my son is great with math...it comes naturally for him. But the math that they have been giving him at school lately is ridiculous...it is beyond what he can do at a third grade level. He keeps getting homework assignments with these crazy word problems...you know the ones I am talking about...the frustrating math word problems that they put on standardized tests, the ones that take you ten minutes to figure out because they are so ridiculous...I mean, I have a hard time figuring out the problems! They remind me of problems from my nursing entrance exams. My son, a nine-year-old, has no clue how to work the problems. And herein lies the problem of the public school system in the U.S. They are teaching the kids what they need to know to test well on the stupid standardized tests they keep giving them to show where the school ranks in terms of standardized test scores...instead of teaching them what they need to know to succeed in school. Oh don't get me started...I could go off for pages about this...argh!
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Stop worrying about what you "should" look like. I stopped caring about all the pregnant jokes I get. I'm probably the size of you times 3. I've accepted that my weight is a lot over what it should be, and that I can't be skinny. I actually look weird when I'm thin, all of my stomach goes to my chest and hips, it causes more back problems than I get while being large. I like having a little bit more weight on me than an average person, and if I live a healthy lifestyle and keep that weight on me.. who cares? I mean, I'm almost 250 right now, but I exercise every day. People say I'm lazy because I'm fat, or I'm fat because I'm lazy... But, what do they know? They aren't the ones bellydancing the day away.. Nor do they have the awesome muscle contol that I do.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

I hear you...I'm not worried about what other people think of me. I'm just saying that I am not comfortable with me right now. I think I just need to tone up and then I will be happier with the way I look...for me.

Now I am even more frustrated because my son's scatter-brained teacher scheduled our meeting today on a school holiday, and I assumed that meant that the teachers were going to be there. But I went to the school and it was closed...she must have forgotten about our meeting. She does stuff like this all the time and it's irritating...very unprofessional.
    Marnie