Page 1023 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 23523923973101310211022102310241025103310731123 ... LastLast
Results 10,221 to 10,230 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Yeah...I don't know...there was some issue where a whole bunch of people had a problem with it crashing on New Year's...there was a whole message board about it...reinstalling it using the beta version fixes the problem...something went wonky with the old version with the start of the new year.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Marnie, you I and my ex are the only people I've heard/seen use the word "wonky". Haha.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Lol...maybe we both heard it on a show or something. I think I heard it on a show but I can't remember which one.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Well actually his mom said it once. I think that was where I originally heard it, then him. It really fits in some sentences though. Perhaps it's just a British thing...
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

won·ky
    - adjective -ki·er -ki·est
    1. a. shaky, groggy, or unsteady b. unreliable; not trustworthy
    2. stupid; boring; unattractive
    Perfectly good English. Although I've only ever used it in the context of the first definition. Common usage would be more along the lines of "tilted" or "off-centre", something is wonky when it is slightly broken, for example a wonky wheel on one's wheelbarrow would have a slight buckle, but not so bad as to be unusable.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Bonniedale Farm Rescue snakehill's Avatar

Learned a new word today! Can't wait to use it!!
    Joanne 0.1 T.radix Jade / 0.1 T.s.sirtalis Jett

The way I've her it was... For example, if my ex's computer was laggy, he'd say it's wonky. Though, he was a nerd when it came to pcs. If anything went even slightly wrong, it was wonky. I've heard it used as "unattractive" before... Like, him calling himself wonky. But, he was also that in an "unreliable" and "untrustworthy" sense (IMO)... Though he'd never call himself wonky for anything other than his looks.
    Chantel

I just use it for "acting weird" or "off"...like my t.v. has gone wonky or my computer has gone wonky, if it isn't working right...so I guess that goes along with the slightly broken definition.
    Marnie

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    Has anyone been having problems with Skype crashing constantly? My boyfriend and I haven't been able to call each other, or anyone else on it because it's literally crashing when we click someones name to say something to them. It's getting annoying, re installing it hasn't helped.
    I've tried it several times over the years. Same experience. It was horrible. Haven't bothered to try again in the past 4 years or so. I've had better luck using Yahoo messenger, or any messenger that does video chat.

I find skype has better voice quality and better video than MSN or yahoo. I like it more for chatting with my boyfriend, and it's easier to use than MSN and Yahoo.
    Chantel