Page 1018 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 18518918968100810161017101810191020102810681118 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,180 of 14098
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Drinking enough beer to put you in hospital is a tough challenge, consider the possibility that someone was slipping a little extra in her drinks. I know that they only incidents with myself or friends has involved spirits as well as beer and/wine. As a student I drank myself to puking several (many several...) times, although never to the point of hospitalisation, and it generally involved vodka or whisky.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

I don't know. Her brother came home, saw her passed out as took her to the hospital. Didn't necessarily need it.

Hmmm....yeah...the whole situation is well...you weren't there, period. You have no idea what happened. Bottom line...it wasn't good. If she threw up 47 times, she drank a lot. Whether she passed out or not or what she drank probably isn't the biggest issue...I think the biggest issue is that she let people talk her into drinking that much. In the end, no one held a gun to her head...it was her responsibility...to be blunt. There was probably a point in which she was too intoxicated to make rational decisions...but anytime we drink we have to know that we are accepting the responsibility for what we do once we are too intoxicated to be rational. We also want to make sure that we are around people that we trust if we are going to be in a state of mind in which we cannot consent. Sounds to me like she shouldn't be hanging out with those people and that she needs to learn to say no. Perhaps you can help her with those things. Not being mean here, Jesse....just looking out for you...because this does impact you. It could have turned out much worse.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

As the owner of a brain.. Intoxication of any kind is not appealing to me.

Yeah...I don't really care to drink. If I, for some insane reason, suddenly felt the need for alcohol..I could stand next to one of my parents and probably get drunk from the fumes coming off of them.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Banned

Hahaha. Trust me, that doesn't work. I inhaled plenty of ethyl alcohol fumes while working in fruit juice manufacturing. The alcohol molecules only go from the blood through the lungs one way; out.

It's a good thing, because if it wasn't just one way, it would take more than 12 hours to eliminate the alcohol in just one beer.

Oh yuck...
    Marnie

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Hahaha. Trust me, that doesn't work. I inhaled plenty of ethyl alcohol fumes while working in fruit juice manufacturing. The alcohol molecules only go from the blood through the lungs one way; out.

It's a good thing, because if it wasn't just one way, it would take more than 12 hours to eliminate the alcohol in just one beer.
    Not sure about the science in that...
    Alcohol passes both ways through the lungs, so if you breath in alcohol vapour in high enough concentration it will be absorbed into your bloodstream. It comes down to how much of alcohol is in the air and how much is already in the blood, it moves from a higher concentration to a lower concentration based on physics and partial pressures of gas, there's no active biological function to transfer alcohol across the membranes in the lungs.
    As for eliminating alcohol from the bloodstream, if I remember my med science correctly the majority is removed by the liver (about 80%), then some by the kidneys (10%), the the skin and lungs remove the rest.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Bonniedale Farm Rescue snakehill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedSidedSPR View Post
    I wasn't there. No idea what happened.
    Next time BE THERE!!!
    Joanne 0.1 T.radix Jade / 0.1 T.s.sirtalis Jett

He shouldn't have to babysit his girlfriend though.
    Marnie