Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" Snake lover 3-25's Avatar

Re: free babies!!!!!:D:D

wouldn't it be best to release your other gravid gal?
    that's what my mom said.... but i just don't know..... the only reason i have her is to hopefully try and give her babies a better... even just slightly.... chance of living... surviving to adulthood....
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

When my first great dane died it devastated the whole family. He was only 20 months old and it was totally unexpected. He was MY boy. Total momma's boy. He loved and trusted me so much. I had just taken in another puppy to be the first dane's buddy. I couldn't look at that puppy. I just knew that I could not do this again. Could not raise a puppy to have it die. Could not, could not, could not. Take him back to his breeder. I can't do it. Thankfully the breeder was several hours away and hubby refused to take the new puppy back. I had to take care of the puppy... I was home with him all day everyday... It takes time, but you do learn to love again. The "new" puppy is now elderly and had me in tears today cause I know his time is growing short. One little thing has multiplied into many and soon it will be too much. I actually think you should go ahead and keep the gravid girl if you feel like you're ready. You've raised babies before. You know what it takes. You've also been around this forum long enough to know that things go wrong and these babies could be stillborn, could be deformed, could be perfect and then die days later. It happens. It will probably be very difficult on you emotionally, especially if something happens, but I don't see any reason to change your plans now. This was a stupid mistake and that's all it was. We all know you would give anything start today all over again... so I say do it... start over again with new babies... just prepare yourself that even if you do everything perfect things still could go wrong. If you think you're ready to handle that, you'll do fine.

More hugs, Shanley...
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Shanley.

thank you....

tani... i don't know if i'm ready yet.... but thankfully it should take some time b4 they come...... and i have a wonderful friend who i hope will forgive me and help me to care for these new babies if i should choose to keep the mother until she gives birth....

and all of you... each and every one has helped me..... helped me to accept what happened and to live on... and to not be afraid.... thank you...... all of you...
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

The Leader of the Eastern Gang anji1971's Avatar

Aww, Shanley..............
    I'm so sorry this happened to you.
    Take your time, do your crying, forgive yourself, heal, and please, do not give up!!
    I can tell you're a very caring young woman, and you're way too hard on yourself.
    It was a mistake, and we've all made them. It hurts like hell when we do, but it certainly doesn't mean you shouldn't keep trying. That's the only way to build your confidence and become better and better. At anything in life you try to accomplish!
    Best wishes, and lots of hugs............
    Anji

I am not obsessed.... GartersRock's Avatar

Shanley... Just listen to what Gertie said! Wonderful advice... Once again I am so, so sorry. I know you'll be alright!

I would say keeping the gravid girl is up to you and how you feel...

And if you do I woud still love some babies. lol! But if you don't feel ready to do it all over, then let her go. Totally up to you.
    Amanda Tolleson

i hate telling people.... i've only told 3 besides you guys.... but apparently they spread the word..... it's just how he said it..... "guess you won't make that mistake again"... said with no sarrow... said like i deserved it... like they deserved it..... it automatically brings me to tears.... how can they be so heartless???? i just don't get it..... when my dog got hit.... i didn't go up to him and say "well... i guess you should have let her in when she barked!!".... and esp. not a day after it happenes!!! i'm still grieving and will be for a long time..... don't they understand how much that hurts me????
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

oh you poor girl im so srry you lost them
    i hope my babies will be ok but you never know sometimes these things happen

"First shed, A Success" beaniesmommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by corey5546 View Post
    How Much Is Shipping. i might be interested in a couple. email me at corey5546@hotmail.com with the answer
    Please read peoples full posts! This was posted after Shanley's devistating ordeal.

Shanley, I am really sorry. I know your heart is hurting. Hang in there. It was an accident. You and the snakes are in my thoughts and prayers.
    ANDREA
    "Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows"

Shanley, I'm so sorry to read through this thread. What a shock. You waited so long for these babies to arrive, and then this. I know how you must be feeling, but learn from your mistake and warn others how easily this can happen to new babies. I really feel for you. Sorry Shanley.
    James.