Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: overfeeding

Re: overfeeding

Quote Originally Posted by jitami View Post
    Thanks Kyle! So did their meal examples sound ok? They usually get pinky w/ tilapia twice a week and worms one. Essentially they're each getting a pinky a week and as much tilapia & worms as they want. I'll be phasing out the worms, but will add in occasional live feeder fish when the babies get bigger or when I can manage to find guppies here.
    Just make sure the temps are high enough so they can properly digest; good temps help keep snakes from stockpiling fat.
    0.1 Storeria dekayi
    Hoping to get some T. s. sirtalis High-Reds next summer!

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Tank temps drop into the mid 70's at night, but daytime temps are mid to upper 80's on the warm side and low 80's on the cool side. Right now at 8:30am it's 86/78. Sound ok? I've been sitting at the computer for about an hour and I've had one little piggy cruising the tank the entire time surely looking for food even though they were just fed yesterday Wow, he just settled on top of the rock to bask for a minute. I love having them on my desk
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

Quote Originally Posted by jitami View Post
    Tank temps drop into the mid 70's at night, but daytime temps are mid to upper 80's on the warm side and low 80's on the cool side. Right now at 8:30am it's 86/78. Sound ok? I've been sitting at the computer for about an hour and I've had one little piggy cruising the tank the entire time surely looking for food even though they were just fed yesterday Wow, he just settled on top of the rock to bask for a minute. I love having them on my desk
    The meals and temperatures you're providing work well for baby snakes; the temps increase the metabolism, which increases growth rate, which increases food consumption, which you then quench; all leading towards fast-growing babies.
    0.1 Storeria dekayi
    Hoping to get some T. s. sirtalis High-Reds next summer!

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Alrighty then Thank ya much

btw, I've got two little cruisers right now and the one this morning spent maybe two minutes basking before he was off again checking things out. Love, love, love em! Oh, and Wayne you were right about the tank size. They use every bit of it!
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.