Threaded View

Re: My lazy baby garters want to sleep all day and not get no job!

Oh yes, they get supervised feedings every single time and they are tong fed. They are eating tons of pinkie parts, fish and worms now. They’re still cuddle buddies who love naps, but they seem more confident and happy overall and they like to explore their tank at varying times of day. They’ve both grown a little and put on weight and one of them is about to shed soon. Seems like they just needed time to adjust to their new home. Also I think they might both be girls as they both have really skinny tapered tails (waiting till they’ve grown a bit more to get them sexed professionally) and I think I remember hearing male garters are a bit more active than the females but I could be wrong. Anybody with way more experience than me, please don’t hesitate to correct me on that. I’ll start turning off the heating pad at night now and see if that makes them feel even better. Thanks everyone for the advice. I’m so happy with these two little babies and I’m learning a ton about garter snakes.
    Last edited by Elisabeth83; 08-31-2020 at 10:44 PM.