Thread: Hello, there.

Hi, I'm New Here!

Cool Hello, there.

Hey! I found this forum, and hope it will be a large help in my future snake care. Tomorrow, I am picking up my first pet snake, a common garter snake, from a small, local person. (Well, two hours away.) I was wondering if I could get any tips? Anything I should get for said Hatter snake, along with things that will make him (they had three, a female and two males, but went with a male as all my other animals are male. Haha.) happy and stay healthy? Also, any good tips for housing? As everything I am getting will be new.

Re: Hello, there.

Welcome to the forum! I don't have any advise for you at this time, I'm still a couple months away from purchasing my first. There are plenty of very experience people on the forum though. Keep us updated on how things go!

Nice to have you with us. Here's a link to the care sheet. Ask all the questions you might have.
    Garter Snake Forum - Garter Caresheet
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Hi, I'm New Here!

Quote Originally Posted by KRS4771 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! I don't have any advise for you at this time, I'm still a couple months away from purchasing my first. There are plenty of very experience people on the forum though. Keep us updated on how things go!
    Thanks! I am hoping to get as much information as I can, and just see the options on others. Like if they prefer males or females. I saw a lot like the females, but I also read males are smaller, so partly why I want to get a male. Will update as well, as much as I can. ^.^ More so after I get him tomorrow! Hehe. Good luck with getting your own.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Tommytradix's Avatar

welcome!!
    what species/morph is he? the caresheet on here has just about all the info you need to keep you lil guy happy and healthy. if you you cant find an answer to any of the questions you have on there just ask and myself ond others will try to answer all your questions.

Hi, I'm New Here!

Tried to add photo, as I am not sure. Ah! Bad, I know. So, I just got one with him, and set up the enclosure for. Ow - planning to upgrade in a few months, and make nicer. I think he's really stressed. I was told he was friendly, but he kept trying to struck when putting in his new home, so had just put the traveler in the enclosure and left to let relaxed. I feel bad, and maybe it's just because this is my first snake, but I feel like I shouldn't have got him. Did anyone else feel like this? And I heard to let be for two days. Score handling to let calm down. The car ride was two hours, so thinking the affirmation is due to this... looked over the care sheet, and think I got it, but still paranoid.

He's likely disoriented due to the change in surroundings. Given some time he should relax.

Hi, I'm New Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty3159 View Post
    He's likely disoriented due to the change in surroundings. Given some time he should relax.
    Thanks. I needed that reassurance.

Also, I think he's just a common garter snake. ^.^'