Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hi, I'm New Here!

Re: growth around mouth

I dont know that it is in his mouth, it definetely started outside of his mouth and has spread right up to it, I'll have to see if theres a different vet in a nerr by city since my previous vet seemed to feel a garter snake wasnt worth the effort and even went as far as to insult the his colors and appearce and brag to me about some garters in a locale in different part of the country that were "far prettier than this guy". Anyway, sorry im just mad at the vet. thanks for your help everyone and I will try my best

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

We are all pulling for you and yours.That vet sounds like a imbecile! I would think he would be more sympathetic.Maybe his skills are suspect! Hard to believe he has a dvm license. Hang in there.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Is there any way you can go to another vet office or ask to see a different vet within that office? That's a red flag that you need to find a new vet ASAP.

In the meantime, I still think hibiclens treatment would be a good idea. If it isn't already infected, it is kind of an open sore, and that would prevent infection from setting in.

Also, if she's not already, switch her to either newspaper or paper towel bedding. That way bits of dust and bedding can't get caught in the place on her mouth and irritate it.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

Curious, is this the same snake that had a growth/blister on its throat back in 2012?

Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Hi, I'm New Here!

Yes he is, He had healed into a scar andmdidnt change for a couple years. Then when it came back it started moving upwards towards the mouth, ratger rapidly. Ive been alternating novalsan and betadine a couple days a week. I am working on being able to take a day to drive to the next nearest city for him to be seen by a new vet im hoping I can do this soon.