Thread: new snake today

Re: new snake today

Cute little girl.
    "Cleopatra"-Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    "Napoleon"-Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    "Pedro"-Storeria dekayi dekayi

Quote Originally Posted by jwolfe152 View Post
    ok i was wondering because when she was running through my fingers the lower parts felt funny and when she was laying for that pic her belly looked like it was laying different/weird, and then right before the vent area looked a little bulgy but not a lot. i will just keep an eye on her, but i'm thinking it is a little late for a WC to be gravid, but once again i just don't know lol
    She looks like a breeding age female so the chances are good that she's gravid.
    Best to prepare for little scrubs so you don't have to rush around when/if the time comes.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

yea im having a hard time with that because the only tank i have left has bugger in it and he done the cutest thing. i went to get some worms(i got 3 different sized containers with dirt and a crap load of nightcrawlers under the trailer to keep cool and always have them on hand) i come in and try to feed the new girl well she still wont eat so i gave ekoh a few pieces and when i got to bugger i grabbed for the lid and he came "running" to the glass head stretched all the way out looking for his food lol

i never would have imagined he would pick up on when i was going to feed him so fast its amazing how smart the little guy is. i knew he knew it was food time because if i dont have food he wont really do much just pop his eyes out a bit and go back to swimming, but if i have worms he gets all crazy its just so damn cute. but i was planning on releasing him because i don't think i will be able to keep him housed once he gets real big.

yea im having a hard time with that because the only tank i have left has bugger in it and he done the cutest thing. i went to get some worms(i got 3 different sized containers with dirt and a crap load of nightcrawlers under the trailer to keep cool and always have them on hand) i come in and try to feed the new girl well she still wont eat so i gave ekoh a few pieces and when i got to bugger i grabbed for the lid and he came "running" to the glass head stretched all the way out looking for his food lol

i never would have imagined he would pick up on when i was going to feed him so fast its amazing how smart the little guy is. i knew he knew it was food time because if i dont have food he wont really do much just pop his eyes out a bit and go back to swimming, but if i have worms he gets all crazy its just so damn cute. but i was planning on releasing him because i don't think i will be able to keep him housed once he gets real big.
    Probably a good idea. Snapping turtles are a big commitment. A long lived animal that gets big.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

yea i would rather let him go and then realize i could have kept him then keep him and realize i got in over my head and then him having a hard time in the wild looking for handouts lol, but seriously if i kept him to long and he would walk up to someone thinking they would feed him im afraid they would kill him claiming killer turtle was stalking me in the woods

yea i would rather let him go and then realize i could have kept him then keep him and realize i got in over my head and then him having a hard time in the wild looking for handouts lol, but seriously if i kept him to long and he would walk up to someone thinking they would feed him im afraid they would kill him claiming killer turtle was stalking me in the woods
    This is very true.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

i got to pick a name for her either Sekhmet or Amaunet im leaning toward Amaunet

Very good looking snake.

Quote Originally Posted by StrmChasr View Post
    Cute little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickymar81 View Post
    Very good looking snake.
    thank you