Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Re: Guess what I found this morning!

Nice little scrubs!
    Bluesirtalis

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Didymus20X6's Avatar

Well, it looks like four is it. Today, Little Dude passed a whole bunch of jellies. Haven't seen any more sneakies in the pen.

I'm not sure any of them have eaten, but they look bigger today than they did before.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.

This is the one I know is eating. I can't be sure about the others, but this one is getting bigger.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Very cute!

Has no one mentioned that gravel (or dirt for that matter) Is a terrible thing to keep them on? ....?? Paper towel is a far better choice... something, anything but gravel...
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

It's not gravel. It's a mixture of clay dirt and sterilized peat moss (I boil it to kill any unwanted pests). It may look like gravel, but those clumps actually break apart when wet or under any kind of pressure.

Two of them are eating pretty good, and are getting bigger. The other two, I'm not so sure of. I haven't seen them with any bulges in their bellies, and they don't look to be getting much bigger at all.

I've tried putting the two suspected non-eaters in a container with a bunch of wiggling chopped-up worm pieces, but I don't think either of them ate. I've also tried chopped up fish pieces. I even caught a frog and put him in a cup of water, and poured that into the fish pieces, hoping maybe they'll smell frog and want to eat. Nothing to report yet.

I don't have access to small enough feeder fish around here. The bait shop doesn't carry minnows anymore, and even if they did, minnows are too big for these guys. Any ideas?

Guppies.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Have no idea where to get them around here. The closest thing we have to a pet store is Wal-Mart, and I don't think they sell anything small enough, much less anything I'd want to feed to a snake.

have you tried digging around in the yard for either smaller nightcrawlers or maybe dig around in the yard to find some small earthworms. the smaller worms you find when digging those are not the red wrigglers right? i mean i am sure there would be some but there is a few smaller worms in the ground right?

Okay, here's a couple of updates to this thread:

1. I might have a taker for one of my sneakies. I was sharing the baby pictures with a friend, and she said she used to keep a snake. I took the baby enclosure over to where she worked, and she loved them. So I expect that, once she convinces her boyfriend, she will take one of them.

2. I just went into my main snake enclosure, and found - I'm not sure - maybe about another half dozen or so. I tore up the enclosure again, looking for hidden stragglers, but I'm still not 100% certain I got them all. But, yeah, I have pretty close to a dozen babies now.

I hadn't seen any of these guys before, and they all seemed to be coated with some sort of membrane, similar in appearance to an incomplete shed, but not quite as thick, and not quite the same looking. I hadn't seen any of these guys before, so I'm thinking they were born more recently - like maybe today. I doubt they are Little Dude's, but I'm not sure; maybe Piggy's?

I never intended to get into breeding these boogers. In fact, I was hoping to avoid that entirely. But now, I have no idea what to do with these guys. And, there is a strong likelihood I will need to move within the next few months, and if so, will need to find homes for these guys.