Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: Need lighting advice...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    I live in a small town and usually find things cheaper on Amazon (free shipping and a bigger selection). I am just happy to learn that LED lights have low heat output!
    Amazon is great for many things. We're lucky to have an Ikea a couple of miles from home, they are great for most homewares which can often be repurposed for the snakes.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

"Preparing For Third shed" Sonya610's Avatar

Re: Need lighting advice...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHedgehog View Post
    we also use energy efficient bulbs in summer, very low wattage, bright light but almost no heat.
    http://www.infiniteunknown.net/wp-co.../new-light.jpg
    Just wanted to report back and say the LED bulbs worked out great. They are about 1/2 an inch longer than standard bulbs so they are a tiny bit too long for the dome sockets BUT it isn't really a problem.

I figured even if they didn't fit those bulbs supposedly last forever and could be used in regular lights if they didn't work for the cages. Much less expensive than the LED light strips....I may go that route in the future but for now these work fine and provide a good amount of light when centered over the 36" cages.
    1.1 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis (Flame and Albino Flame)
    5.2 Canines