Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Thanks for nothing (or: new snake had mites)

Great. I hope that works out.
    What was shipping going to cost if you don't mind me asking.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

On the phone with Steve Schmidt. He wanted me to give you this link.

Getting rid of reptile mites
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    If you got a reasonable response from the manager of the shop and feel confident that he will do what he's said to treat the infested snakes (and I assume check his other stock)
    Checking is not enough. All the reptile tanks and much of the shop area and equipment should be treated simultaneously several times and no reptiles sent out until they're sure the infestation is gone. It's actually rather irresponsible to send out a snake under these circumstances, visible mites on the animal or not. It very well could have started with one snake put in that tank when there was no visible signs yet so visually checking the animal is rather worthless.

You need to go all out and aggressively treat your entire collection and equipment NOW and treat the situation as if your entire snake room is infested even if doesn't appear to be. Declare all out war in your snake room and nuke those suckers hard right now and several more times at intervals then you might have a chance to get rid of them.

Never shed

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    Great. I hope that works out.
    What was shipping going to cost if you don't mind me asking.
    Tim,

Callingtons is actually an aircraft spray they labeled for use with reptiles. It was never designed or formulated for this purpose. The active is not very effective in eliminating mites and you need to use a much higher concentration and more product to achieve any result (a published study done by the University of Florida tested 11 acaracides for ectoparasites on tortoises, where our product was found to be the most effective with the least risk of any health risks and the active in Callingtons was found to be the least effective and posed a higher health risk).

When used as directed, Provent-a-mite will not harm a neonate snake and is commonly used with garters and well as every other species of reptile being kept, but as with any pesticide, it can pose a risk if not used properly. In our case, the product must be dry and all vapors vented from the enclosure before the animals are put back. One problem we have seen is customers spray the bare cage and then put their substrate such as paper liners in before the product has dried. This traps vapors under the liner, so when the snake hides under the liner, it is exposed to the vapors that are still being created by the drying treatment. This is the reason our label states not to treat bare cages, you treat the surface of the substrate. You mention hognosed snakes, which are much more susceptible to chemicals than other species. We have many well known breeders and hobbyists in the US that use Provent-a-mite regularly with their hogs without any problems, but if the application is not dry, or the vapors have not been completely vented, you will have a higher risk of problems with these animals.

Another major issue with Callingtons is that there is no residual protection despite any claim. The active is not photo-stable and breaks down quickly in the presence of any light, so unless the application directly contacts the mites, there is no residual activity to kill the mites that were not directly sprayed, especially the mites that left the cage which will come back at a later date and re-infest the collection. This is why so many repeated applications are required. Provent-a-mite bonds to the treated surface, can't be washed or wiped off once dry and will last at least 30 days (usually several months), so in most cases, one application is all that is needed to eliminate an infestation. Provent-a-mite is also less expensive than other available treatments by using up to 4 times less product per application and is the only product that will provide long term residual protection, usually resulting in only one application necessary to eliminate an infestation.

These are the terms on international orders regarding our Provent-a-mite spray.

We accept Visa, Mastercard, bank checks or a money order in US funds. To ship one can of Provent-a-mite to the UK would be $15.95 + $22.00 S&H, two would be $31.90 + $26.00 S&H. Larger orders can be quoted on request. The order is sent via USPS first class mail which does not provide for insurance coverage, so we can't guarantee the parcel will be delivered and will not be responsible for lost or undelivered mail.

We could just send Provent-a-mite overseas without explaining all of this and you would most likely just end up just getting the parcel, but we want to be as honest as we can with our customers up front as so to avoid any problems later on.

If you would like to order this online, you can do so by ordering the product and then in the special instructions section located on the final order page, tell us that you agree with the terms of this e-mail. You will be charged per this e-mail and not what will automatically show up on the shopping cart.

Bob @ Pro Products
    promist@comcast.net
    www.pro-products.com
    845-628-8960

Never shed

To be honest i may just risk the £40 it's gonna cost and get two cans and just hope to god it turns up.

Never shed

So with regards to that email do i just copy and paste it into the the special field and then type that i agree? How will the money be sorted out if im paying online? Thanks sorry if im been thick

Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    So with regards to that email do i just copy and paste it into the the special field and then type that i agree? How will the money be sorted out if im paying online? Thanks sorry if im been thick

I don't think you need to copy the email into the special field. Simply stated that you agree to the terms in the email sent to you on ? by Bob @ pro-products. You will have a copy of the email for your records and so will they.
    I've spoken to Bob a few times and have found him to be straight forward and upfront. I've been using the product for a few years now and can say it wiped out my mite problem in one application. I did do a second application. My collection has been mite-free since I started using Provent-a-Mite after fighting mites for 6 months with the other products. Making sure there is no vapor is the most important thing. Your shipping is double the shipping to U.S. addresses. I thought it would be more.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!