Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Albino Vagrans update

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    If it looks like it's getting worse I'll clip it and send it out, but for now I don't think it is a problem. If it comes to that, I'll share whatever we find out. Swabs, cultures, fecals and bloodwork are all good currently. Worth noting, this upcoming shed will be his first in captivity. Although he ate well on worms and then pink mice last summer, he never went into shed. Same for the normal female that was found with him.

I'm a little confused about this being its first shed.
    In your original thread you said it shed once possibly twice or did I read something wrong?
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Never shed

Given its size when I got him, I was guessing he had only shed once or twice in the wild. He has yet to shed in captivity.

Never shed

Steve mentioned via private message a previous post of mine in which this guy had recently shed. My records are kept on my computer and through the wonders of technology, weren't saved properly. This is NOT his first shed since I've had him. His first and only shed was in July 2012. There is definitely no stuck shed on the tail.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

I have a couple of squigglies that haven't shed since July/Aug, so the timescale isn't unique. My two eat in summer and stop in the Autumn, so they haven't grown much since the last shed.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

"Third shed, A Success" sirtalis01's Avatar

sweet

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

At this point i don't think you have anything to worry about. I think a couple of sheds should fix this although he may lose the very tip of his tail. It does look very old and it looks like it is healed up so i don't see it spreading or getting worse. He is a very nice snake and i hope you can produce some scrubs from him!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    if it looks like it's getting worse i'll clip it and send it out, but for now i don't think it is a problem. If it comes to that, i'll share whatever we find out. Swabs, cultures, fecals and bloodwork are all good currently. Worth noting, this upcoming shed will be his first in captivity. Although he ate well on worms and then pink mice last summer, he never went into shed. Same for the normal female that was found with him.
    Bluesirtalis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    If it looks like it's getting worse I'll clip it and send it out, but for now I don't think it is a problem.
    Nor do I. Looks like normal "wear and tear" for a snake that's been living in the wild. He's looking good and healthy overall. "Don't sweat the small ****" as they say.