Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuddles!

Re: Cuddles!

SAM_0017.jpgSAM_0022.jpgSAM_0023.jpgSAM_0025.jpgSAM_0028.jpg

It's like there's something reflecting the light from the camera. I'm not sure if it's on or in the eye. I have a couple of pictures of the top of his head too.

Is it possible that a piece of the shed is still partially covering the eye?

I honestly don't know if I can afford a vet. I don't even know if there is a vet in my area that looks at snakes. Whatever the case, I'll have to make a decision after school today.
    Ashley
    1.0.1 T. ordinoides
    Cuddles, Scar

Here's a close up of that first photo. I think the camera is capturing a reflection, as the shape of the mystery area has change and looks suspiciously like a reflection of the finger nail.
    Your eyes are going to have to make the final call. If this area disappears when he's in his enclosure then I wouldn't worry about it.
    Cuddles is probably feeling special with all these photos being taken.

Just looked at the third photo. It's a reflection. An infection or physical problem with the eye wouldn't change shapes so quickly.

Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Adult snake

Looks like a reflection to me since it changes position in different pictures to match where the finger is. It's very similar to what you'd see when looking at a convex mirror.
    Not that Steve, a different Steve

Alright then. It just seemed so odd because it wasn't happening with the other eye and it seemed so noticeable.
    Ashley
    1.0.1 T. ordinoides
    Cuddles, Scar

Quote Originally Posted by acovert View Post
    Getting a picture of his vent area is so hard. All he does is squirm. But I think I have a few decent pictures.

Attachment 3855Attachment 3856Attachment 3857Attachment 3858
    Cuddles, the non cuddling snake . He is beautiful though! Good luck!
    -Greg
    1.1T.s. concinnus, 1.1 T.s. parietalis, 1.0 T.s. semifasciatus, 0.1 T. radix
    "Garters are predictable. Predictably variable" - Neil Balchan

I have noticed something like that on some of my babies eyes before and wondered about a retained shed as well. I think it is just the way the coloring is on some garter eyes. Just keep an eye on it...if he starts acting like he is rubbing it trying to get skin off or having trouble seeing out of it...put him in a shed box or try gently running a slightly warm washcloth over the eye. He looks great otherwise! Nice to see him!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

I haven't really had a chance to check on Cuddles' eye lately to see if it's doing the same thing. I caught some sort of stomach bug this weekend. The poor snake went about 48 hours with a daylight lamp on before I realized that it was still on. Then he went 24 hours in the dark before I realized that I never turned it back on again. I'll probably check on him tomorrow sometime, when I finally feel like standing up. My diet of toast, soup, and an apple has done very little to rejuvenate me so far and I still feel pretty weak. I will make sure that, at the very least, poor Cuddles gets his light shut off to tonight!
    Ashley
    1.0.1 T. ordinoides
    Cuddles, Scar

Had a 24 hour bug here awhile ago. Get well soon Ashley.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    Had a 24 hour bug here awhile ago.
    Not only is influenza "running rampant", but the norovirus genus is also giving human populations "a run for their money" this season too.

Yep. We had norovirus. First me, then my om 24 hours later, then Dustin and my sister last night. It's been a fun three or four days.
    Cuddles seems to be fine though He was out and about yesterday, climbing the sides of the tank and going for a short dip in the water dish. I think his eye is fine, but I'll probably continue to check it out off and on to make sure that there isn't anything odd there. Dustin was very adamant in telling me that you are all wrong and it wasn't a reflection. Apparently the fact that he's never even owned a garter makes him an expert <_<
    Ashley
    1.0.1 T. ordinoides
    Cuddles, Scar