Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Shipping and temps

Quote Originally Posted by Greg'sGarters View Post
    If the temps are below 40 degrees, I'd put styrofoam insulation in, if the temps are below 15 degrees, I'd add a heat pack.

Temps below freezing you have to heat pack. Insulation is required like Steve said because it strengthens the box... Not sure if you have ever shipped before but it isn't just as simple as tossing them in a box. Look at the Shipping Discussion thread. Should help you understand a little more just how many requirements there are.
    Tyler
    www.checkeredgarter.com

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BUSHSNAKE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twgrosmick View Post
    I just sent to Alaska where temps were I believe 15 degrees and I used a heat pack lol. The package arrived safely and the animals came out up the tubs active and alert. For the most part I never use heat packs for garters but below freezing they are a must.
    Oh really young grasshopper...thatll probably be your first and last time you use a heat pack

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHSNAKE View Post
    Oh really young grasshopper...thatll probably be your first and last time you use a heat pack
    haha for garters yes.... the geckos still need them most of the time... actually I am shipping to NJ on monday and temps may require a heat pack...
    Tyler
    www.checkeredgarter.com