Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Hello from North Dakota

Greetings
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

AHHH NO Goldfish!!!!! No minnows either! Very bad.

Go with Guppies or Platys! Both breed easy(and can be kept together) and are pretty if you'd want to start up breeding your own feeder fishes. Or find somewhere that sells feeder guppies.

I have a snake I got from a lady who was feeding minnows and she is now named Twitch cause she was starting to show signs of the deadly B1 deficiency. Which leads to seizures and a painful death. It cannot be 'compensated' for by giving Vitamin B1 because those fish on the unsafe list, inhibit the ability to absorb the Vitamin B1.

PLEASE Heed this warning an use safe fish!! Do not put your lovely Radix through the painful mistake.

Ps. Don't listen to pet stores... They will tell you to feed crickets. Garters do not eat any bugs. Pet store advice will kill a Garter snake.

Please listen to us Thamnophis addicts <3
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

"First shed In Progress"

I knew that Steve won't eat crickets, and I realized after the fact that feeding them goldfish as a main staple in their diet is a bad decision. Hence why I now have a mini-tank full of pretties for him to watch. I will look into Platys next. But i am thinking he might be able to move on to pinkies soon. I worry that I might be under-feeding him, because he always seems to be hungry even feeding him an earthworm every other day. I'm so afraid i'm gonna kill him it's not even funny. He's such a ham and I love him very much and I don't want to hurt him.

On a side note- My hubby just decided he wanted a snake, so we went out and got him an Albino Corn Snake he so aptly named Ginger Noodle.

Quote Originally Posted by ChareiHeals View Post
    I knew that Steve won't eat crickets, and I realized after the fact that feeding them goldfish as a main staple in their diet is a bad decision. Hence why I now have a mini-tank full of pretties for him to watch. I will look into Platys next. But i am thinking he might be able to move on to pinkies soon. I worry that I might be under-feeding him, because he always seems to be hungry even feeding him an earthworm every other day. I'm so afraid i'm gonna kill him it's not even funny. He's such a ham and I love him very much and I don't want to hurt him.

On a side note- My hubby just decided he wanted a snake, so we went out and got him an Albino Corn Snake he so aptly named Ginger Noodle.
    That's right, I don't eat crickets.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Hi, I'm New Here!

Quote Originally Posted by ChareiHeals View Post
    Yeah, snakes are contagious! AND snakes happen, like you now know!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

You may find the corn snake boring lol Yes they are lazy n easy to hold n hang out with, great snakes for showing off to kids. I let friends kids hold my kingsnake cause she is so lazy they could let her go on the floor n forget about her n she wouldn't go far lol (Not like I'd ever let that happen but just saying)

Garters are way more interesting and active.
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt