Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: How To Kill a Garter Snake

how stupid. they need to delete that wasted literature.
    -Tyrel

Anger. Posted, and repeated the plea for more posts on facebook and another snake website.
    Melissa
    31 snakes, 14 species. Various other critters, 3 emperor scorpions, 1 cave spider, 19 tarantulas, 1 gecko, 2 dogs, 1 frogs, 1 rat. 1 pigeon, tons of fish.

Maybe if enough people look at this it will link to it..lol
    Don't Kill a Garter Snake | Spark | eHow.com
    Melissa
    31 snakes, 14 species. Various other critters, 3 emperor scorpions, 1 cave spider, 19 tarantulas, 1 gecko, 2 dogs, 1 frogs, 1 rat. 1 pigeon, tons of fish.

"Preparing For First shed" @ndy's Avatar

Man than makes me furious!!!! I have commented on this as well! I hope this get taken down very very soon!

Banned

It's just irresponsible regardless of what type of wildlife it is.

Dutch, bold and Thamnophis-crazy Thamnophis's Avatar

Everybody, put your opinion under the article on the Ehow page!

I reacted like this:

I hope that everyone who tries to kill an innocent garter snake mistakenly grabs a venomous snake and suffers a long lasting pain or worse! Why should someone kill an animal that does no harm? This is the most ridiculous web page I have ever seen!
    It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner. Frank Zappa

"Preparing For First shed" @ndy's Avatar

There are my comments

Chang Lin - YOU SUCK!
    You hold a "Bachelor of Arts in scriptwriting from the University of North Texas." and you write this crap! Get a life Bro!

Are you seriously promoting animal cruelty! I hope this site gets closed down!
    WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TO KILL GARTER SNAKES 99.999% of them are harmless.
    I demand that this ehow be removed!

I have also asked that the members on the other forum that I am registered at Join us in getting this article taken down

Comment left and email sent. Did anyone let the garter snake fb page know about this? People just really disgust me sometimes.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

This "article" is posted on the garter snake fb page.

When I sent my email to eHow, aside from expressing how disgusted I am with the article for encouraging people to kill harmless animals, I also mentioned the fact that there are garter snake species in the US that are protected at a state or federal level & that this article could be taken as promoting the poaching and destruction of endangered wildlife.
    11 T. elegans vagrans, 2 T. sirtalis concinnus

THANK YOU ALL for your help!! I first saw the article on the Garter Facebook page, and the first place I thought of to enlist people was here.
    I e-mailed 2 different organizations so far- Ohio's Department of Natural Resources (Ohio has at least 3 different garter species and 2 Ribbon), and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Laura Roth from Ohio has replied already, saying she has forwarded the article and my e-mail to their wildlife management team, and will in turn forward to me whatever response she gets. I'm still waiting to hear from the USFWS, but I'll keep you all posted.

I see my other post was moved to this area, so my apologies for the double post and putting one where it apparently shouldn't have been. As long as the word it getting out and we can DO something,...that's the important thing.

Thank you all again, and let's keep this moving until Ehow takes responsibility for this!
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are."