Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: Making New Friends

A wholly respectable decision Lisa. If you feel that they are not settling to captive life, and the weather and conditions are still good enough for you to release them where they were caught, then that's a completely unselfish thing to do. It's a sad decision to make, but much respect to you for making it.

Just to check - the weather should stay warm enough after you release them back for them to acclimatise, get their bearing and find their way to a den before it turns too cold? I got the sense from what you wrote that it is a case of release them now or it will be too close to winter.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Your window is very short here Lisa. In the next few days or you'll have to brumate them yourself and release in the spring. I have a visitor that I'm in the same boat with only he is a yearling. It's a tough decision, but you are doing what is best for him.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

Hi again, yes they are gone. It was such a tough decision to make, especially Turq. I really connected with him more. I knew the window was closing very soon, Kat, I've been watching the weather too and saw that it was now or never. I know that the Lord will watch out for them, I truly feel it was the best thing to do for them. Sam couldn't get away fast enough, he was so ready to go, which actually made it easier. Turq wrapped up around my fingers to say goodbye and then when my son set him down he disappeared into the grass. However he was not as frantic to get away as Sam was. I will miss them greatly, but at least I have some pictures to remember them by. :'-)

Kat, we'll have to go out again some time, or get together for the kids to play.
    *~Lisa ~*
    0.1 T. S. Pickeringi, 2.2 T. Radixes
    3.0 Cats, 3.0 Dog, 0.1 Hamster, 1.0 Beta
    3.2 Humans

You did the best thing you could. You certainly gave it your all to make them happy and comfy. We will definitely have to get together soon. Brian was asking the other day if you guys could come over so he could play. My schedule is about to get crazy with the holidays coming I'll be going to 46hrs a week and black out for time off. We'll figure something out though.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

Thanks Kat. Boy does my heart ache. I so wish they would have been able to settle in... I'm sure they are doing a lot better than I am at this point. Sigh... Doing the best for them definitely wasn't the best for me, but I guess that's what we do for love sometimes.

Thanks y'all, for enabling me to have a place to mourn the loss of my snakes to me. I'm grateful. People around here just don't get it. Why are you so upset... It's just a snake, is the looks I get, ya know, that just doesn't help, they were dear to me. I'm hoping to get a new friend(s) asap to help fill the hole they left in me. Some lil beauty who will coil up around my fingers and look me in the eye, and feel safe and comfortable enough to EAT, that can fill the void Turq left behind; Sam was my son's so I didn't get the same attachment to him, and he started detaching awhile ago knowing we would probably need set him free, fortunate for him. Ok gone on long enough, sorry for rambling on like this. Thanks, and have a wonderful day.
    *~Lisa ~*
    0.1 T. S. Pickeringi, 2.2 T. Radixes
    3.0 Cats, 3.0 Dog, 0.1 Hamster, 1.0 Beta
    3.2 Humans