Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Crushed babies?

"Preparing For First shed"

Re: Crushed babies?

Sorry about the delay, I wasn't feeling well the past few days.
    We lost all of the snakes that refused to eat so far, and have the feeding snakes alive and kicking. They are a month old today. 6 Babies survived out of 16. There are 2 that refuse worms, and only eat tilapia. I'm in the process of scenting worms so they will eat those. The other four voraciously devour worm chunks like no tomorrow.
    How often should I dust their food with the calcium powder and the vitamin powder?
    When will I be able to sex them? I know that's not for a little while yet.
    I am glad that the ones that are alive are doing better.

Smells Like Teen Spirit Invisible Snake's Avatar

Sorry for the ones that didn't make it and I hope you feel better.

I usually lightly dust my babies food every 3rd or 4th feeding (I only feed them fish). Once they get big enough, usually around 3-4 months old I start feeding them 1 day old whole pinks and discontinue dusting their fish.

Some people pop babies after being only a few days old, as for visually sexing them it is significantly unreliable with babies.

"Preparing For Second shed"

My one and only baby garter was born in a pet shop and I got her days later she wouldn't eat for ages a month I think I tired everything until one day I decided to try a guppy fry the second she saw it she ate it and shed the next day weirdly enough only this year she is 4 now would she even try to eat an earth worm she mainly takes salmon , moved her to rat pups which she gets monthly, other than that pinkies and salmon, she is so big now, I hope your ones will be ok (the surviving ones)