Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Enclosure

"First shed In Progress"

Re: New Enclosure

If they save money, I save money
    The only big problem I'm seeing with this enclosure is the extra space. It's giving me this thought that I need another female eastern and a mate for my female red sided
    3.3.1 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
    0.1 Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis
    1.1 Python regius

Quote Originally Posted by snake man View Post
    Nice looking snakes they look happy, you probally know this but the bulb should not be in the cage with them for burning issues.
    I have been keeping snakes in enclosures like this for a while. Mostly retics and other larger snakes. I have heard of the occasional issue but never have I had a snake try to actually wrap the bulb and burn itself. There is always the risk but with the size of the cage I see the risk being extremely low.

Snakes are one thing, but GARTERS, well that's a whole other story. They are so active and curious I would also be concerned about the lights being inside the enclosure. And with all that space you can have lots of hides and things for them to climb over, under and around. This will make for happy and healthy garters. If you are open for ideas, here's the link to members enclosures.http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/encl...ur-tank-2.html
    Quote Originally Posted by twgrosmick View Post
    I have been keeping snakes in enclosures like this for a while. Mostly retics and other larger snakes. I have heard of the occasional issue but never have I had a snake try to actually wrap the bulb and burn itself. There is always the risk but with the size of the cage I see the risk being extremely low.
    Mona (T.S. sirtalis) Melanistic
    Fiona (T.S similis) Normal