Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LED lighting

Re: LED lighting

I use red bulbs for my albinos...mostly...it really depends on the garter. Possum, my snow, seems to like a bit of light. I keep a small lamp with a regular 40 watt bulb on a desk next to his enclosure and let him have the light from that for a little bit of time each day. Hermes, my checkered albino, does not like light so much...but he has plenty of hides to go into when the light is on for Possum...and he will occasionally come out when the light is on. Little Joe, my albino red-sided...seems to like light. He has a regular 40 watt bulb in a dome lamp. He doesn't seem bothered by it at all...when he wants to get away from the light, he just moves to the cool side of his enclosure. Just make sure you don't use UV bulbs...as they are dangerous for albinos.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"Preparing For Second shed"

cheers everyone thats been helpful

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

I use LED lights for all my vivs, including for our albino checkered. She's not bothered by it at all.
    There's several threads where LED lighting has been discussed, personally I'm a fan because of the low power consumption and the lack of additional heat (I use mats for heating). The white LEDs provide a clean light, not really the same as natural sunlight, but then I'm not trying to replace sunlight with the LEDs.
    If you were thinking that it's too bright most LED lighting can be dimmed.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

"Preparing For Second shed"

cheers chris