Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Re: Epic Fake Rock in the making!

So more progress at the cost of my finger... Me, being very blonde at moments(When light shines through lol) I read all the warnings n cautions on the bag of unsanded grout about it being corrosive blah blah blah. The left over mixed batch had settled almost solid bottom and watery top, so it took a LOT of mixing to get it ... workable. It was now thicker so instead of painting it on like I had the last layer I decided to 'finger paint' it on. I had used my fingers with sanded grout with no issue so why not? Well It's working great, I am mushing the lumps onto the rock n it's going quick, awesome... right? I notice over half way done that my one finger(I had only been using the one, Thankfully) looked all prune-y like it had sat in water for HOURS... I think nothing of it, I mean come on this stuff has water in it so it's fine... About a minute or two later it starts hurting... then I see I've left a small streak of blood. So I stop and clean my finger, looks just like I cut it on the sharp sanded grout, no big deal. I use my middle finger to finish this layer...

Now I am left with sever chemical burns on my index finger tip n minor chemical burns on my middle finger. Yay for reading n being aware of the corrosive properties n not adhering to the precautions. lol oops.

I also added some color to the last layer n before it dried I dabbed a little paint here n there... I should have waited till it dried... It looks like popcorn... buttery popcorn. lol At least it's easy to fix color.

100_0803.jpg
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

Lookin' great!
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

The project is looking good.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

That's really great, it's got me thinking.....

Ric
    T. radix ~ L. t. hondurensis ~ P. reticulata ~ F. catus ~ C. l. familiaris
    ricmartn@gmail.com

Thank you, Thank you.
    I have put on one coat of sealer so far, going to fix the color a bit, then add more sealer, and more sealer. It's coming along rather slow... Had my first day of 'work' yesterday and I have never been so bored in my life! I sat there n watched everyone else work... I hate getting paid to sit on my arse n do absolutely NOTHING... And I'm off to do the same today... and for this whole week. I don't actually start training or learning anything till NEXT week. I always said I'd never have an office job.... And now I do... Don't think my spine likes sitting for that long... I'm going to ask my boss if I could bring my fake rock to work for the first 'do nothing' week... It's past the messy stage.... Will see.
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

... I'll bring it along today lol n just see what he says lol!
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt