Page 1015 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 15515915965100510131014101510161017102510651115 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,150 of 14098
    Hi, I'm New Here!

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

both those times are early its 3 am here

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    Okay so I just got back from the hospital a couple of hours ago...turns out my mother was not having a panic attack...she may have had a stroke. It just keeps getting better. Ugh. How I wish all my garter forum friends were here right now...

One positive thing happened...for the first time in his drunken life, my father actually apologized to me. A Christmas miracle...

I have to go back to the hospital in the morning...they are running all kinds of tests on my mother.
    Hope your mother is doing better today, it seems that Christmas is all too often a time when stress exacerbates underlying health issues. Fingers crossed that she's only suffered a minor TIA.
    Keep looking for the silver linings Marnie.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

SCOUSER

Hated seeing this post from you Marnie, having a family illness at any time of the year is upsetting but at Xmas the upset seems to be greater, I suspect that is because you are so focused on all the things to do and determined that all will have a good time that it leaves you all the more shocked that it has happened.
    I add my good wishes to those of your friends above and hope mom comes through this none the worse.
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

"Third shed, A Success" ScimitarX's Avatar

thinking of you Marnie, hope shes alright
    Claire

My mom seems much more coherent today. They are still running tests...but she told me they said something about a T something...What is TIA Chris? The doctors last night were saying something about an ischemic something or other? Is that like a mini-stroke? The kind of pre-stroke they can treat before it turns into a bigger one? Because that was what my theory was when she started acting strange last night...she started forgetting things she said 5 minutes earlier and such. Thanks to everyone for the concern and well wishes. They should know something more tonight and hopefully she will be home soon.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"Third shed, A Success" ScimitarX's Avatar

Glad she seems to be doing better
    Claire

Thanks...okay I googled TIA....that seems about right...sounds like what she probably had. I'll know more later after they finish running tests but that sounds like what they were initially thinking anyway.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Sorry Marnie, yes a TIA is, I Transient Ischaemic Attack, if you catch a TIA they can normally prescribe drugs that cut the, risk of something more serious. Hope she's home soon.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Thanks...going to the hospital in a little while...still waiting on more test results.
    Marnie

Subadult snake

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    Thanks...going to the hospital in a little while...still waiting on more test results.
    Wow, just saw this. Sure hope she`s feeling better and back home soon.
    Theresa in Indy
    1.0 T marcianus, 1.1 dogs, 1.0 cat, 2.0 skin kids