Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Will someone tell me how to set the correct time?

I never gave it thought until this thread surfaced.

DST is stupid anyhow.

Banned

I agree, but we don't have much choice. If the outside world changes their clocks, then I must also. Windows PC's sync time automatically with a server. If you want to change the time on your PC for some reason, it will just go back to what it was automatically. The only way to stop it, is to configure your firewall to block communication with that server. I had to do that for a few years. Dang computer was time changing on the old date. Took years for them to fix it so I had to block the sync and change my PC clock backwards manually. What a PITA. and by the way, I changed the settings in my profile and it's still doing it. My posts are an hour later than my actual local time . SIGH. FAIL.

While we're on the subject, for those in the U.S., this is the real time to within hundredths of a second. I sync all my clocks to this, and all so called "radio atomic" clocks do too, by satellite signal. (requires Java plugin)

The official US time (NIST & USNO)

Banned

My local time is 2:56 PM. Post says 3:56 PM. I tried every setting choice in my profile. Still does it.