Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Preparing For First shed" Maleko's Avatar

Re: Sudden symptoms!

Thank you for your condolences. I've definitely learned from this. Any younger snakes I'll ever acquire in the future will definitely be fed in a separate container from now on.

Banned

Separate container can be problematic for some. Once the snake is moved they tend to freak out and not want to eat. So, I just feed bite sized pieces with tongs right in their enclosure and that seems to work for me. Keeps them from swallowing substrate and allows me to supervise to keep fights from breaking out. Like this:

"Preparing For First shed" Maleko's Avatar

What are you feeding that they swallow it so quickly? I feed my puget pinky parts and chopped worms and she never gets anything down that fast.

Looks like tilapia, and he said something about sliced slug. If you make it smaller than their head, it'll go down quite fast.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Banned

Yeah, doesn't really matter what the food is. I feed them pinky parts the same way. The trick is to dice them into small enough pieces while they're still frozen then thaw them. As long as the snakes are fully warmed up and hungry, they always gulp it down quickly.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Sorry to hear about your loss. I feed my baby in a separate box, she got used to it, I'll normally watch her the whole time, but been real busy as of late n she does fine when I leave her in there with just paper towel n a lid with tiny bites of food n little water I too use coco husk for substrate, I'm to darn scared of that happening to my little girl.
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt