Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Something is going on with Cee Cee...

Cee Cee was just in her water dish drinking and then she came out and starting opening her mouth and contracting her stomach as if she was swallowing food and vomiting up water...she just keeps doing it. Has anyone ever had experience with a snake doing this before? She also has a wheezing sound coming out of her mouth...which I have heard her make before.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Re: Something is going on with Cee Cee...

Very strange.
    I've seen something like this occur.
    It never lead to anything more.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

She seems to have calmed down now...I'm keeping an eye on her. She seems to do the heavy breathing/wheezing thing when she is nervous. Perhaps she was just startled by me because I came up to look at her while she was drinking...she has become very skiddish these days. I will keep you posted and if anything goes drastically wrong...I'll call. Thanks for posting.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Mama did that once, she drank a lot of water really fast and puked most of it up
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

"First shed In Progress"

I wouldn't get very nervous unless she actually starts vomiting water. Does she open her mouth before she yawns? If she does, she is just re-positioning her jaws.

I'm not sure what it was she was doing exactly...she looked like she does when she is eating...she would open her mouth and then her throat would contract and then water would regurgitate back up. She did that a few times and she opened her mouth on one side like she was breathing out of her mouth on one side...I could hear her breathing...she was making a wheezing sound...and she has done that before...she does that sometimes when she gets nervous...she breathes loudly, a wheezing sort of noise. Then she sat there with her mouth closed and looked like she was forcefully swallowing for a couple of minutes and then she went into her hide. She seemed okay after that. I'm going to go check on her now to make sure she is okay.
    Marnie

I just checked on her and she seems good. She hasn't done whatever it was she was doing in a while. Like I said earlier, perhaps I just startled her while she was drinking and she got nervous and threw up the water...or like Chantel said, maybe she drank too fast. I just worry sometimes because of all of the stillborns she had this summer...because I wonder if there may be something going on with her physically that caused the deaths.
    Marnie

SCOUSER

have never seen this myself but it may be as simple as the water going down the wrong way, as in humans, she might just have been coughing the water out of her glotis
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

I was just going to make the same suggestion that John did 20 minutes ago.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Thanks everyone for the input...Chris, I had a dog named Binky when I was little.
    Marnie