Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Where do you buy fillet?

Randi
    These are frozen per packaged fish. Nothing to keeping them. I understand they come in 4 & 8 oz packages. I did not realize this so I got the large 8 oz for around $9.00.

Some might say a bit spendy but for the results I got … well works for me.

I put some cut up pieces in with my new scrubs, nothing this morning. L'll check my NCer bin for little with worms next. The little guys haven't eating in 7 days now. They should be just about hungry.
    Michael
    1.1 Woma (Sun Burst), 2.1 Eastern Blackneck, 3.3 Plains Garter, 3.1 Puget Sound,
    2.1 Granite Checker, 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa (snake sitting )

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: Where do you buy fillet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mix View Post
    I was actually beginning to wonder whether this had something to do with my snake losses. I buy mine filleted or whole (and fillet myself) from the fish market counter at a supermarket - not pre-packed - as I don't have a local fishmonger. I always check to see the fish have clear eyes etc, and the origin (most are British farmed).
    Perhaps I need to start making trips into the city, where we have a large market; but I don't know whether the supply there would be any different.
    Heya Mix.
    We've tried our Binky on salmon and today hake from Sainsbury's fish counter. The salmon is Scottish and the hake fresh from the NE Atlantic, if I was back home in Plymouth I'd probably stop by the harbour to get fish, but I don't think we have the same issues with supermarket supply chains that our friends have with Walmart. The fish should have been landed within the last 2 days if it's on the counter. Morrisons have very good fish counters in most stores, but I don't think it makes a lot of difference. I'd avoid fish from the chilled section, but that's because you can't ask the staff when it came in.
    I don't think you'd gain anything travelling to a fish market in the Midlands, it's all still transported from the ports.

Chris
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia