Page 848 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 3487487988388468478488498508588989481348 ... LastLast
Results 8,471 to 8,480 of 14098
    Banned

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

An old country preacher......had a teenage son, and it was getting time the boy should give some thought to choosing a profession. Like many young Men his age, the boy didn't really know what he wanted to do, and he didn't seem too concerned about it. One day, while the boy was away at school, his father decided to try an experiment. He went into the boy's room and placed on his study table four objects-

1. A Bible.....

2. A silver dollar.....

3. A bottle of whisky......

4. And a Playboy magazine.....

'I'll just hide behind the door,' the old preacher said to himself. 'When he comes home from school today, I'll see which object he picks up.

If it's the Bible, he's going to be a preacher like me, and what a

blessing that would be!

If he picks up the dollar, he's going to be a business man, and that would be okay, too.

But if he picks up the bottle, he's going to be a no-good drunken bum, and Lord, what a shame that would be.

And worst of all if he picks up that magazine he's going to be a
    skirt-chasing womanizer.'

The old man waited anxiously, and soon heard his son's foot-steps as he entered the house whistling and headed for his room.

The boy tossed his books on the bed, and as he turned to leave the room he spotted the objects on the table..

With curiosity in his eye, he walked over to inspect them. Finally, he picked up the Bible and placed it under his arm. He picked up the silver dollar and dropped into his pocket. He uncorked the bottle and took a big drink, while he admired this month's centerfold.

'Lord have mercy,' the old preacher disgustedly whispered.

'He's gonna run for Congress.'

Banned

Here we go, they're at it again: kingsnake.com Classifieds: Plains Garter Snake wild caught juveniles and adults

Whats more is that if you start adding up their other charges, a $12 plains garter ends up costing over $60 and that's minimum

A Thunderstorm just rolled through the area.
    Looked out my back door to see most of my neighbors Maple tree is in my yard.
    Took out about 20 feet of fence. Looks like I'll have some cleanup to do in the morning.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Oh, wow! I remember we had a storm here, and my dad had a bright idea to chop down a 50-60 year old healthy tree right next to our house to "protect us" and the tree ended up falling right on our trailer.. His excuse was "that was to show you what would have happened if I wouldn't have cut it down!!"
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

SCOUSER

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    Oh, wow! I remember we had a storm here, and my dad had a bright idea to chop down a 50-60 year old healthy tree right next to our house to "protect us" and the tree ended up falling right on our trailer.. His excuse was "that was to show you what would have happened if I wouldn't have cut it down!!"
    what that also shows,Chantel, is that us dads are never stuck for a quick answer
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

It actually took him a week after he fixed it to come up with that excuse. He does stuff like that all the time.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Didymus20X6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    An old country preacher......had a teenage son, and it was getting time the boy should give some thought to choosing a profession. Like many young Men his age, the boy didn't really know what he wanted to do, and he didn't seem too concerned about it. One day, while the boy was away at school, his father decided to try an experiment. He went into the boy's room and placed on his study table four objects-

1. A Bible.....

2. A silver dollar.....

3. A bottle of whisky......

4. And a Playboy magazine.....

'I'll just hide behind the door,' the old preacher said to himself. 'When he comes home from school today, I'll see which object he picks up.

If it's the Bible, he's going to be a preacher like me, and what a

blessing that would be!

If he picks up the dollar, he's going to be a business man, and that would be okay, too.

But if he picks up the bottle, he's going to be a no-good drunken bum, and Lord, what a shame that would be.

And worst of all if he picks up that magazine he's going to be a
    skirt-chasing womanizer.'

The old man waited anxiously, and soon heard his son's foot-steps as he entered the house whistling and headed for his room.

The boy tossed his books on the bed, and as he turned to leave the room he spotted the objects on the table..

With curiosity in his eye, he walked over to inspect them. Finally, he picked up the Bible and placed it under his arm. He picked up the silver dollar and dropped into his pocket. He uncorked the bottle and took a big drink, while he admired this month's centerfold.

'Lord have mercy,' the old preacher disgustedly whispered.

'He's gonna run for Congress.'
    Your baby just got stole by the Bear Holding A Shark.

In other words, I'm stealing your joke and sharing it with a bunch of pastors I correspond with.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.

Bonniedale Farm Rescue snakehill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Here we go again. Cant reply. Post count is too low for PM. http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/want...t-sound-s.html

Maybe we need to make it more clear for new users that this will happen if they just make one post in the wanted section.
    You'll have to explain it to us "regular people"
    Joanne 0.1 T.radix Jade / 0.1 T.s.sirtalis Jett

"Preparing For First shed" Plissken's Avatar

First post on my new Ubuntu system. Parents had a old desktop with a bunch of viruses and junk. Wiped it and installed Ubuntu just for fun to try it out. So far I like it. Yay for free computer.
    0.1.18 t.s.parietalis (Sage and family)

I just heard that "Bubbles" the Green Sea Turtle at the Henry Doorly Zoo(Omaha, NE) just passed away.
    Apparently she had many health issues and had just undergone surgery.
    R.I.P. Bubbles.
    Sea Turtle Dies At Zoo Following Surgery
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee