Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" Jeff B's Avatar

Re: Expensive garters

Quote Originally Posted by mb90078 View Post
    But, I don't think it would be a bad idea for someone to try the more basic, almost classified-type approach, where you show a garter, show a price, show the specimens.
    I have actually been toying with the idea of doing that this spring with babies, but when you are looking at several hundred that is an enormous amount of work. What I have done in the past is sell from postings for a group of like animals from a representational photo for the first few months, then after they are whittled down to a reasonable number I will start selling individuals thoughout the rest of the year.
    Also to be honest I am better at keeping up with classified ads. Managing several hundred classified ads with photos on my website and keeping updated with what sells would be very cumbersome and not sure it is worth the time investment for me quite frankly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    "I don't want to mess with a pet buyer wanting ONE animal so call me in 2 months and I will tell you I have sold out because I am putting all the best animals on hold for the regular breeders/customers". LOL.
    Now that is what I was trying to tell you. There really isn't any need at all for the sellers to make it easy for a "newbie" to understand the list and make it easy for pet buyers since all these snakes sell out fast just the way things are now. First off, an erythristic flame is a combo morph. Even if you breed the right snakes together, the odds are against producing an erythristic flame.

Second, these breeders take prepaid reservations before the animals are even born and that is why you are out of luck. Your best (and probably only) shot is to pay as soon as he starts taking reservations, and cross your fingers that some erythristic flames are produced. I can almost guarantee that there are already more buyers who have already paid, than the number of snakes that will be produced. So, some of these people who have prepaid, still won't be getting the snake they wanted because there just isn't enough to go around.

If you're dead set on getting this particular morph, it doesn't really matter if you're a breeder or not. You're going to have a heck of a time getting one and the only way you're going to have a chance is to prepay for snakes that aren't even born yet.

"Preparing For Third shed" Sonya610's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    If you're dead set on getting this particular morph, it doesn't really matter if you're a breeder or not. You're going to have a heck of a time getting one and the only way you're going to have a chance is to prepay for snakes that aren't even born yet.
    Yeah just made an offer to do just that. May pan out...may not. I realize I am demanding, but well...I am willing to pay a sensible price ahead of time. We all have our quirks ConcinussMan...you should realize that.