Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Juvenile snake

Re: Built a BIG Rack!

I definetly believe that shannon has a point for people with larger collections a rack would be very uesful exspecialy when your using clear plastic tubs butfor people that have one or two snakes terariums are easy for us because we dont hav to take care of them in large numbers.
    -Beth

Juvenile snake

i think everybody should just drop the subject we all dont need to have the same beliefs
    one good thing about everybody as an individual is our different ideas and beliefs
    -Beth

racks are adiquate...when you get a little snake a big tank what do they do? they hide in a corner and curdle up! what do they do in the wild? same thing thats what!(most cases)
    side note shannon ur brother should have my last name... McGonagle its spelled differently in the hp books though McGonical or somthin with 2 c's
    ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    I like big racks. *tee hee*
    i agree with you compleatly on that aspect
    ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "

Wish I had seen this earlier... hehe

I use racks. They are not adequate for every species, but I think anyone will agree with this.

But racks are more than adequate for small to medium size terestrial snake. They offer a stress free environment in which it is very easy to set-up the "cage" let's the snake feel secure. They let you control humidity and heat much more better than open tanks. And these are the two reasons I need to convince me that racks are adequate for snakes.

I've worked with some delicate species in the past. And snakes that are stressed and don't eat in tanks will often pick right up when housed in a tubb.

The only downside of using tubbs is to the owner. The difference between a beautiful display tank and a melamine rack to the eye cannot compare. I enjoy much more looking at the 4-5 display tanks I own that looking at my big racks... hehe

+1 for racks (it's my opinion of course)

Banned

That's pretty much what I was getting at. I think. I just don't like them, it's not that they're inadequate for the snake. I like to be able to see my snake without disturbing it by opening a drawer. I also like to use ceramic heat emitters so you can see why I wouldn't want my snakes in a drawer. I'm constantly finding screen top tanks very cheap so I use those. As far as ease of cleaning goes, I buy liners from the local dollar store. They are a cinch. They get all poopie I just pull them out, wash them, and put 'em back.

It started out, I got them because I am expecting babies and didn't want to deal with substrate during this time, but it turns out, the snakes don't seem to care and it's been very easy to keep them clean.