Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Third shed, A Success" MasSalvaje's Avatar

Re: Frozen Pinky Mice - Web source recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Seems the cheapest I can find on the web still puts pinkies at over $3 each delivered. Ridiculous. I'll be getting them from my friend's pet store. She charges $1 each.
    If you up your quantity your cost would drop very quickly, It is only worth it if you are going to buy hundreds if not thousands at a time. Just ask Steve about his last order, I bet he had well over a thousand ordered and because of it got a good price for each of them.

That is why you have to either order with other people or purchase more than you need and try to make a little back by selling some.

You could try asking your friend for bulk discount rates, tell her you will give her $10-$20 more than she pays for each bag of a hundred.

-Thomas

Banned

I just got back from the friends pet store. The pinkies are pretty big and they look very fresh and clean. Nice and pink and they don't turn to mush when you thaw them. Also, her live adult mice are only $1.50. Perfect meal for Jewels. (I kill them before putting them in her tank, she prefers it that way) I had been paying $3.

I bought 10 pinkies and Jewels is munching on 5 as we speak. It's just an expensive snack for her but I wanted her to have a treat. She's still on the mend from her previous owner and needs to gain some more weight. I'll still be mostly feeding her fresh killed adult mice.

So I got 5 nice pinkies left and since Amy cannot eat the heads from the silversides, I chopped up a pinky and threw in some fish heads for smell and put them in my beverage fridge @ 38 degrees. She'll be getting those pinky parts for tomorrows meal.

Holy crap! I think it took Jewels all of perhaps 20 seconds to eat those 5 pinkies.

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Like others have said, ordering online is only worth it if you order a few more mice or split the shipping with someone. Last year I did 400(100 xs pinks, 200 lg pinks, 100 peach fuzzies) for just over $100. This year I'm doing 400 again, but split the shipping and ordered bigger prey items(300 fuzzies & 100 hoppers) for a total of $76.25. Other than "treats" of fish/worms this will feed my guys for the rest of the year. Kinda hard to beat!
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

Banned

Hmmm.... I was thinking of getting a contract going with my friend that has the pet store, to ramp up production but your idea gives me an idea. Maybe she won't have to.

Most of her money comes from dog grooming and dog/horse boarding. Perhaps we could enter a deal so she wouldn't have to breed and freeze rodents to satisfy customer demand for those feeder items.