Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EH?????????

Re: EH?????????

Haven't heard anything since yesterday.

Correction, I did have new mail in my inbox.

The situation is that we've definitely travelled back to January 26th. Every subsequent backup was, quote, "corrupt and useless".

Data corrupt .... the evils of technology .... like my almost complete FF7 save ..... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

Banned

Oh well. We're a tough group. We can handle it. Still, I wonder if PM's were affected. That's the only thing I can predict that could be a serious "bump in the road".

Avatars and sigs can be fixed, posts can be remembered, pics can be uploaded again, but if PM's are affected, (I suspect they are) then ongoing private conversations could be seriously disrupted.

I'm not on the staff so it's really not my business, so I hope you guys are working to find the cause and prevent it from happening again to the best of your ability. IF you guys need an alternative location/method for backups, I might be able to help with that. I am a PC tech at a successful business. Data recovery/ backup and virus removal is our specialty. We have servers and massive amounts of bandwidth at our disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    but if PM's are affected, (I suspect they are) then ongoing private conversations could be seriously disrupted.
    Interestingly, mine aren't affected. I still have my PM:s from the 15th this month.

By the way, I have nothing to do with the forum itself. I'm just here to see to it that things don't descend to something out of Lord of the Flies. Any suggestions should be directed to Boots, our administrator.
    Last edited by Stefan-A; 02-16-2010 at 05:20 PM.

Can confirm that my pms are still in order.
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

Banned

Hmm... just checked. I have no PM's later than Jan 25th. I know darn well I had some newer than that still stored. No biggie for me though.

@ Stefan: I do realize your role here. I wasn't directing anything specifically toward you. Just throwing it out there. BTW, who has the conch? I feel the need to blow into it. Oh, I forgot. You have it. *JK*