SNAKEMS is going to shed I think!!
its weird because I JUST noticed it today but her eyes are a cloudy blue color. Like hazy like an old cat or dog's eyes will get over time.
Yayyy Im so excited

a few questions...

1. How long does this process generally take from when they start to show signs they are about to start a shed? It may vary from snake to snake but an estimated period of time?

2. Is there anything I should be doing to aid her in this process. The outside of her den I would think would be a pretty good surface to rub on because its quite rough and bark like except I think its non porous... not that that would matter but thats randomly something that popped into my head because I was thinking about it not taking on a smell in her tank. Lately since the accident Ive been very careful to make everything as CLEAN as possible. Even the SLIGHTEST smell in there (and I mean SLIGHTEST lol) & I freak.
But yes, back to the question... Anything different I should be doing as far as her environment goes?
I already change her water twice daily.

3. Does anyone think the peeling/flaking of her ventral scales is because of the shed?
I noticed the first areas to get sheddy were the places she was bitten, and the discoloration Im crediting to the betadine cleanings.

4. Will she need more rest than normal during this period? I feel as though Ive noticed her sleeping (or hiding away so that I cant see her so I assume she's sleeping) more than she used to. Nothing REALLY drastic because shes still active but just more than I think I had been seeing

thank you for any ideas or input