Well. Here I sit. Expecting my Carmello, an Eastern Milk named after his mother.

Nah. I'm not that fond o'them - Eastern Milks, but I am of Carmello... Long story:

When I realized I loved Winnie, the Common Eastern Garter we kept at the Visitor Center at Wild River... I went looking for a snake we could use at the park - a native snake - that I could have as mine, but take to the park to use in Dave's Sunday program.

He, Dave, so wanted a milk snake as he's always, ALWAYS wanted one - I hate(d) them - but I couldn't find one. Nope. I looked high and low and there was NO ONE doing Eastern Milks.

So, I went Western Hoggies. They are in MN, but we're not sure if in the park. And then I realized I could have Garters WAY DIFFERENT looking than Winnie, put my order in for a Hoggy(ies) and got my first garters.

Then after months, like a dufus-bobo head I REALIZED Dekay had an Eastern Milk... And that she had babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I totally flipped out!

Cutting the story short... Come this Saturday, I will be getting Carmello, named after his mother. He will live with me; I will cuddle and kiss and pester and hug and feed by hand the widdo boy [because the park doesn't have room to keep him]...

And Dave will have his coveted Eastern Milk he's ALWAYS wanted and it will be *his* on Sundays.

He is VERY EXCITED and happy. And I'm so happy I can do this for him - the man is my mentor and has been so good to me.

But I couldn't have done it w/o Dekay. Dekay, hugs and kisses to you. No, I've never really wanted a milk, but I do for Dave and Carmello will not be kissed and messed with any less than the others here.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to make a good person very, very happy. You are a dear.

love,

mk