I love you guys

Anji, you have a great eye! I didn't even know that was there.... now I'm going to go look for it and see if I can get to it The school by the "creek" is .3 miles from here and it looks like the pond is about the same. I'm going to have to look at the map some more! There's an elementary school over there and a new housing development. Across the street from that they just built a new golf course & housing development maybe 2 years ago...sigh...

Ok, someone else dibbed her privately before all of you, but if I can handle her easily she's going to stay here... and Ella sounds like a lovely name Gertie

So, just how bad does a garter bite hurt? I know it's not supposed to hurt... and I agree with Kyle & Wayne when they say that animals know when you're nervous and react accordingly.... I see she's pooped so I'm going to have to at least move her around a bit anyway. I'm out of bleach but if she's going to stay I'll need to evict the babies from their 20L and switch them to her tank and vise versa. I'll do that in the next couple of days. She does seem rather settled. It makes me wonder if some of the younger local kids didn't drag her home from the creek and keep her captive for a while. She seems to be in great shape, though, so who knows.

Thanks again guys... gonna go zoom into that map and see about checking out that pond