last night george escaped
the tank he is in right now has a plastic lid with some air holes in it but there was too much condensation in the tank last night and george seemd like he was too hot so i put the lid on a bit of an angle (to let some of the moisture escape) with the light still on it i thought it was enough for him no to get out
anyways i forgot it like that and woke up at midnight to use the washroom then i noticed he was mising i searched for an hour but with no luck i checked everywhere even pulled out the fridge and nothing.
i have an in-floor heater in this aparttment and the slots in the grate are big enough for him to get in so i was worried that he had gone down there and possibly in the crawlspace.
i got home from work today ready to search again turned on all the lights looked in the heater area and finally pulled my tool box away from the wall in the closet and i could just barely see him laying there not moving at all behind my tool box i was so relieved i picked him up and he was freezing cold i imediatly put him back in his tank and turned on the heat lamp
i was so scared i would never see him again he is my first snake and i love him so much
so im so glad i found him i know if he went down that heater i would never see him again i have to make sure he never escapes again