I recently took a closer look at my butler's poo (Which contained his last wild meals), as well as some of my easterns who are out in the pen, and I noticed that a large amount of the actual fecal material is dirt. My question is since no one is out in the wild rinsing the garter's food for them, then why do they not get impacted? Obviously small particles won't cling together and affect them, but could there be benefits to dusting the snake's food with some potting soil? I read in a bird book once that providing sod pieces for birds lets them pick at the trace minerals in the dirt, and I realize there's a big difference between snakes and birds... But if the butler's last meal was only worms, and every meal before that would've been worms, his diet would severely lack in nutrition. So therefore, he'd have to get his nutrients somewhere else, and seeing as the only other thing ingested with the meal is dirt *or organic particles, whichever works. :P*, then this extra material must have some benefits. Any other thoughts on this?