Hi Guys, I just received a PM from Alan Francis. It seems it was intended for all of us, so here you go!

Hi James, and everybody else on the forum!

It's been a long time since I visited the forum - I'm not even sure I have visited since Jurgen was running it. It certainly looks as if the forum is busy, and I will try to find more time to visit. Especially if there are any more postings like that astonishing red eastern garter from Carolina! Wow!

I've had quite a good year for breeding this year, with flames, melanistics, cyrtopsis ocellatus, concinnus and infernalis, but still no success with the elusive San Franciscos - hopefully next year.

I'd be interested to know if anybody else out there has experimented with cat food. A friend of mine in Liverpool a few years back told me that he fed his garters on one of the better quality tinned cat foods. I didn't believe him, but tried it myself, and it seems to work well. Babies don't seem to take to it, but adults do, and I now feed the majority of my adult females on it, and have done for a couple of years. Haven't really encountered any problems with it.

Best wishes,

Alan

Didn't someone else start a thread somewhere about using cat food for their Garters?